Uplink Activity Report - 1/14/2009 1:02am - 418 changes

5201(10) - KOLR [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar8 77W TP 17 ConUS beam (A) (H)(Springfield, MO)
5203(27) - KSFX [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar8 77W TP 17 ConUS beam (A) (H)(Springfield, MO)

When I saw that, I got so excited, I almost pissed myself. Then I realized that they are on 77 and not 129! All these years of waiting, and I'm still waiting!

I think the Little Rock locals as well as others are on 77l. E* will install the 77 wing dish for $59 or for free with an extended commitment. You can also do it yourself if you have a spare 500 or 300 with a DP LNB hanging around. Otherwise it'd cost you at least $59 to buy the dish and LNB.

There are 32 non-RSN non-shopping national HD channels currently available Dish can carry.

I gave up on those people a few weeks ago. Out of all the stupid, negative arguments people around here make, "There aren't that many channels left to carry" is flat out the stupidest. It's not a matter of opinion or pessimism- it's just plain being wrong.

And your list is really pretty conservative. There are other premium multiplexes and west feeds available right now as well. And that's still not including the ES channels or other channels that are on the verge of launching.

If bandwidth and money was unlimited, adding 80-100 HD channels by the end of 2009 would not be out of the question. Of course, that won't happen, but it's just idiotic to say they don't have 23 channels to add.

I gave up on those people a few weeks ago. Out of all the stupid, negative arguments people around here make, "There aren't that many channels left to carry" is flat out the stupidest. It's not a matter of opinion or pessimism- it's just plain being wrong.

And your list is really pretty conservative. There are other premium multiplexes and west feeds available right now as well. And that's still not including the ES channels or other channels that are on the verge of launching.

If bandwidth and money was unlimited, adding 80-100 HD channels by the end of 2009 would not be out of the question. Of course, that won't happen, but it's just idiotic to say they don't have 23 channels to add.

My list is deliberately conservative. I only included premium channels Dish carries in SD already. I deliberately excluded the ES channels as they are only on Fios. I wanted 100% of the channels to be available immediately. Also excluded are future HD stations like TCM.

I tried to post similar information preemptively in another thread. I agree, I can't believe people still think there are so few HD channels. There are LOTS.

Unfortunately this will probably followed by someone claiming that most of those channels show very little HD, then some Voomer commenting that Voom had 24/7 HD, then somone pointing out how much Voom repeated... its an endless cycle of foolishness.

argghh Direct has been here for 14 months! All these new uplinks and still no Tucson..

I think my contract expires in March.. 10 years+ with dish and crappy SD locals..

wtf?

My bet is many of the large markets that do not have HD locals yet will see them pop up on 129 when it starts getting fired up.

My list is deliberately conservative. I only included premium channels Dish carries in SD already. I deliberately excluded the ES channels as they are only on Fios. I wanted 100% of the channels to be available immediately. Also excluded are future HD stations like TCM.

I tried to post similar information preemptively in another thread. I agree, I can't believe people still think there are so few HD channels. There are LOTS.

Unfortunately this will probably followed by someone claiming that most of those channels show very little HD, then some Voomer commenting that Voom had 24/7 HD, then somone pointing out how much Voom repeated... its an endless cycle of foolishness.

Lol! Summed up quite nicely.

Those channels are just in the tables since Ciel 2 is not there yet. I would think that Ciel 2 will be moving to 129 very soon.

The TMP CONUS HDs seem to have been uplinked to E5, not Ciel-2.

There was also stuff uplinked to 77, and 61.5.

Also, it had been previously indicated that 4 of the 7 uplinked to 110 had real bandwidth use. I thought that could be rechecked.

So are those temp HD channels actually showing content or just slates?

I glanced quickly and saw some of them were pointed to actual video streams but the bandwidth was very small. If I remember correctly on 129 there were a few that actually had some bandwidth to them.

The TMP CONUS HDs seem to have been uplinked to E5, not Ciel-2.

There was also stuff uplinked to 77, and 61.5.

Also, it had been previously indicated that 4 of the 7 uplinked to 110 had real bandwidth use. I thought that could be rechecked.

Correct. What I meant to say is that they won't be testing content until Ciel 2 gets there, at least on 129.

The premiums and HD PPV's are good points. It could be those too. I refuse to believe that the 32 TEMP HD channels are actually 32 NATIONAL NON-PREMIUM HD CHANNELS. Even if there are 32 I don't believe that all of those HD channels would have made their hd feed available to dish, contract or no contract. Scott is always going on and on about it not being as easy as flipping a switch. The channel has to get their hd signal to dish through satellite or fiber and then dish has to run miles and miles of cable and yada yada yada.

Believe me guys, I hope it's 32 national hd channels. I hope I'm wrong. But after a few years with dish I've come to expect the worst. Now that I think of it they might not be all 24/7 HD channels. That would be way too organized for something that dish would do. Upon second thought I would like to change my bet to a mixture of HD premiums and HD PPVs.

When is E* going to go ahead and add KCAL to the Los Angeles market? Now that they have space it shouldn't be an issue.

The premiums and HD PPV's are good points. It could be those too. I refuse to believe that the 32 TEMP HD channels are actually 32 NATIONAL NON-PREMIUM HD CHANNELS. ...

Believe me guys, I hope it's 32 national hd channels. I hope I'm wrong. But after a few years with dish I've come to expect the worst. Now that I think of it they might not be all 24/7 HD channels. That would be way too organized for something that dish would do. Upon second thought I would like to change my bet to a mixture of HD premiums and HD PPVs.

Uh, by far - not even close - the best HD programming of the past 5 years has all been on Premium HD channels .

So what you are saying is:

I hope that those TMP channels are crappy stretched garbage with commercials, and things that pop up during the programs.

For those talking about HD RSN's...

Why would Dish put full-time HD RSN's at both 61.5 and 129? Who on the west coast wants to see a HD RSN from the east coast?

Doesn't make sense

The premiums and HD PPV's are good points. It could be those too. I refuse to believe that the 32 TEMP HD channels are actually 32 NATIONAL NON-PREMIUM HD CHANNELS. Even if there are 32 I don't believe that all of those HD channels would have made their hd feed available to dish, contract or no contract. Scott is always going on and on about it not being as easy as flipping a switch. The channel has to get their hd signal to dish through satellite or fiber and then dish has to run miles and miles of cable and yada yada yada.

Actual number is 23. The only ones that could be national HD would be uplinked to both the western and eastern arc.

My thinking (or hope): Viacom (for 7 with BET), Fox (for 4), Comcast (for 3), and Showtime/TMC (for 6). Add FashionTV and Crime and Investigation, plus MoreMax or ESPNU and we get to 23.

D

Uplink Activity Report - 1/3/2009 9:17am - 1 change

D

Uplink Activity Report - 1/15/2009 5:57pm - 52 changes