Uplink Activity Wednesday, November 16th 2005

Status
Please reply by conversation.
richmert said:
i also used to believe that scott simply passed what he knew. as a matter of fact i was at dbstalk reading scott a year or two ago and i never faulted him for leaving and forming another site BUT......... it was not so long ago that i started a thread that said the wall street journal reported that the VOOM satellite was for sale and that E* was interested in buying it. All i was doing was reporting the WSJ and the thread got like 3000 hits in a day or two. suddenly the thread was renamed and moved to a different forum and the title was RUMOR ONLY

this kind of COOL AID VOOM attitude is what Scott and all the others are about here. when i want facts i go to dbstalk or avsforum. the facts are maniputated here and my VOOM post is proof.
richmert, your remark is off topic, but since it is so offensive to this forum and its staff, it is hard to pass by. Let's set the record straight. Here is your thread in which you linked to TheStreet.com (Not exactly WSJ ;)). One of the mods decided to move it and change the title, which at that time seemed appropriate: It was a day or two after that famous CableVision's SEC filing in which CVC declared that it was no longer planning the spinoff of VOOM and would "pursue strategic alternatives". There were dozens of articles like the one you quoted published during that week, all trying to speculate on what the future of VOOM would be.

As you may recall, you openly complained at that time, and the mod immediately apologized to you, renamed the thread back and even made it a sticky. You thanked him for that and even wrote this: "I dont mean to be a pain. You guys have a lot to keep track of and you do a great job." It's all in that thread: have a look!

So, why do you have to bring this up again, almost a year later? Can't we just put this to rest?

OT: Not only that but guess where the major newspapers where getting their "FACTS" from --- Satelliteguys Former Voom Forum... This was well known since we broke various news before them and they were asking us for news through emails and phone calls. Most of us were very careful since it could have implied lots of trouble for various people.

I've emailed them asking for that and havent herd back so....

teachsac said:
Thanks Goaliebob. I'm looking forward to the rest. However, I really wish they would add STARZ and MAX HD channels.

Yup the guy from the Wall Street Journal was a pain in the butt he kept wanting me to name my sources, something I would not and will not do.

Besides that he was coming to me looking for help with his article yet never mentioned SatelliteGuys in anything he wrote.

About the only press I help out now is MultiChannel News because they respect the fact that we are helping them and mention the site in articles where we help out.

include me to with that statement, humm allready have one thing sticking off of my roof, do i realy need a even bigger lightning magnet too?

waltinvt said:
I'd take the other 3 HD nets for Lost, 24, NFL, Nascar, Olympics,........ above anything else but hey..that's just me.

And please spare me the friggin "why don't you put up an antenna and get them OTA" replies.

Iceberg, I get WB through Birmingham (WB21) off of satellite. Does that mean that I can get the east coast WB for free?? What about UPN, is it the same way?

BrettTRay said:
Iceberg, I get WB through Birmingham (WB21) off of satellite. Does that mean that I can get the east coast WB for free?? What about UPN, is it the same way?

Again..this is all speculation

If you get a WB with your package, you wouldn’t get the E or W coast. If there is no WB, then you would. If your WB has a retrans disagreement with Dish, then you wouldn’t get either. What if its low powered? We don’t know then..

What DirecTv does is if your locals are available but there is no WB in your market (none or cable only) you get it included. This is how Duluth, MN is on Direct (WB is cable only)

Nothing for UPN uplinked like this yet

I live in the WPIX (WB) New York area, and already receive this channel. Could I request getting the west coast WB network feed once these channels come on ?

T2k said:
So how can I get these with my 6000U?

If you mean ESPN2HD and new Voom channels, they aren't available to subs yet...and nobody know when they will be for sure.

riffjim4069 said:
972? I guess that would be the 962 with an ethernet adapter. :confused:

Hmmm...I wondered if the ethernet port would find its way to the 962, or a seperate MPEG4 HD-DVR.

Who is brought first the mythical DP-962 to us ? Where is the link to official words about it ? Or it was PURE speculation?
Then why everyone parroting from post to post, from thread to thread the never been seen model ?

How do you know its "mythical";)? Just becase you havent seen it doesnt mean that it isnt there? :) After all there has been hell of allot of things on this sight that others and other sights has said it was pure speculation.. just to find out weeks if not months later it was the real deal :) one item recently was the 942 release notes. :rolleyes:

ask and you shall recive :)

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=465374&postcount=44

Thats where it started with the release of the mpg 4 recivers... as it doesnt take a monkey to put two and two together... Viewing from past (as ones past speaks volumes for the future) This would most likely be the plan of the reciver numbering. No one but echostar knows for sure.. After all this is the best place on the internet for Satellite news :) Speculation or not!;)

RIRWIN1983 said:
include me to with that statement, humm allready have one thing sticking off of my roof, do i realy need a even bigger lightning magnet too?
Properly installed, dishes are not only NOT a "lightning magnet", but can actually serve as a weak lightning repeller.

Smith said:
Who is brought first the mythical DP-962 to us ? Where is the link to official words about it ? Or it was PURE speculation?
Then why everyone parroting from post to post, from thread to thread the never been seen model ?

To be honest I have never heard the 962 uttered from anyones lips at Dish Network.

Actually I have heard twice over the last few weeks that the MPEG4 DVR might be called the 942 Plus. But I am not sure if even that is an official name.

I dont think that this has been reported but, all new voom channels tp's on 61.5 are now 8psk including the test transponders for east coast dns. The voom channels on 129 are still qpsk as they are paired up 2 hd channels to a tp. This is definatly good news.

This is pure speculation but with this move we may have new HD become avaible next wensday! ESPN2 and voom 21. This is pure speculation and may not come true! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Newbie Needs Help

Will the 522/625 record close captioning?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)