US Soccer needs a miracle to advance....and gets it!(FINAL GAME SPOILERS)

Well, that's it.

(BTW, I'm not going to crucify the US for blowing the lead. They showed a lot of resolve in this game, and there were close calls both ways. I can't call this a choke.)

Well, no miracle today, though it was very close...
At least no one will now blame the result on the referee. ;)

The great news though is that the US team showed everyone that they are for real.
And the second place is still the best result for the team... ever! They should be proud!
The World Cup should be interesting to watch! See you then!

Absolute disgrace of a second half. What a bunch of losers. What I found interesting is that if there were 100 headers in the game the US probably had 2 of them. Horrible lack of that skill on the US side. misstiming the jump etc.

I did watch the game and gave soccer yet another chance. The US was just outplayed in the second half.

I will withhold my comments about soccer in general until later.

Yesterday's game was the tale of two teams....one having to play over it's head to win...and another just having to play it's game to come back.

Brazil showed why they truly are the best team in the world, regardless of the FIFA rankings. ANY other team, more than likely would have folded being down 2-nill after 45 minutes. All Brazil had to do was just...be Brazil. The US showed guts, but they proved once again that "prevent defenses", REGARDLESS OF THE SPORT, just 'prevents you from winning'! THAT defense started at the 42 minute and lasted the rest of the game.

All in all, US had a good showing. AS MUCH as I love Team USA, all it proved was that even Brazil could have a bad half. Do NOT let the game yesterday fool you into believing this team is now a wolrd power. Until Team USA can play like they did the last two of this tournament on a consistant basis...they are destined to the same results as usual. Yesterday was NOT the norm....:(

100th Anniversary of Forbes Field

Who are your team's All-Stars?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)