US Tennis Open

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
MA
Serena Williams just defeated Jelena Jankovic 6-4, 7-5 to win the Women's Championship.

Not surprised that she won.

Also, with Nadal losing to Andy Murray, we won't get the great Wimbledon rematch, and Federer will easily beat Murray.

I don't know that Federer beats Murray easily. Federer should win, but Murray can play, and Roger's still only playing at B level right now. I expect a close match.

I don't know that Federer beats Murray easily. Federer should win, but Murray can play, and Roger's still only playing at B level right now. I expect a close match.

I agree. I actually think Murray has a better shot to beat Federer on the hardcourt, than Nadal would have.

Does tennis ban human growth hormone? I don't think I could beat Serena Williams in arm wrestling, and I'm a pretty big guy.

For anyone not watching, Federer just took the first set, 6-2 and looks absolutely unbeatable!

So now CBS has to run nearly an hour of reruns in the valuable 7:00 to 8:00 slot? They must be getting killed by Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, Access Hollywood and Seinfeld. They might even be losing to Law and Order on TNT.

I would have expected them to be capable of doing at least a 7:30 to 8:00 Evening News.

That was impressive. I thought this would be a closer match than it was. Federer whipped Murray and still wasn't completely at his best, had he been Murray wouldn't have won a game.

This went exactly as I predicted.

When I heard that Murray upset Nadal, I felt that Federer would crush Murray and that he wouldn't put up much of a challenge.

Turns out I was right; Federer was focused, while Murray went through the motions.

Thw whole story of the kid who was too Good

Teams playing the role of spoiler

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts