USA Has arrived !!!

triangleGuy

Jun 25, 2004
I just saw it in the PG and tuned to it ! It doesn't have any PG info yet but it is there. Hello MOnk and The Dead Zone !!

triangleGuy said:
I just saw it in the PG and tuned to it ! It doesn't have any PG info yet but it is there. Hello MOnk and The Dead Zone !!
BFD-Give me HD Voom-save the bandwidth for channels in "glorious 1080i"-Thanks much!!

eschu97611 said:
BFD-Give me HD Voom-save the bandwidth for channels in "glorious 1080i"-Thanks much!!
That's not what Joe-6-Pack wants, he wants to watch crappy 4:3 SD TV on his brand new widescreen TV because he doesn't care about PQ. ;) For them, I say go back to Dish, Direct or cable and leave Voom to those who care about HD and quit bitching about the lack of SD channels.

USA has been there for over a week i think.
I don't watch the channel that much so i didn't know we didn't have it before.
I had a friend over last week and was showing him my setup because he was interested in getting voOm and he flipped through the channels and was watching usa.

DarrellP said:
That's not what Joe-6-Pack wants, he wants to watch crappy 4:3 SD TV on his brand new widescreen TV because he doesn't care about PQ. ;) For them, I say go back to Dish, Direct or cable and leave Voom to those who care about HD and quit bitching about the lack of SD channels.
Ju got it mang!!

well, I don't care about SD channels - but I still want some - like ESPN2, for example.

USA is a must have for Voom, as they will be broadcasting some Olympic coverage, and they have various other "high interest" shows - US Open tennis, etc.

However, one thing I'd like to see changed is for Voom to have a SD "package" that's optional. I actually have standard cable that feeds all my TV's - so all the Voom SD channels are essentially worthless to me - except for Fox Sports World.

OK, what's up Voom? I just tuned in USA to check it out and on my 27" analog TV, the overcompression artifacts are so horrible, I will not watch it. Why do you do this, Voom? This is one of the premier SD channels and you have to muck it up.

Voom, either can the SD channels until you have some bandwidth or quit adding them. I can't believe you actually preloaded all the transponders to simulate actual program delivery due to how horrible some channels look. I don't blame it on the source either because USA looked great on Dish when I had it.

It used to look good until Dish got greedy and started stacking LIL up there. I haven't had any Dish SD programming in over a year. Yesterday I finally sold my 501 to a friend, so my Dish SD cord is severed.

it dosn't take a rocket scientist with the subs already out there,unless VOOM=HD + the esential SD but MOSTLY HD..they will never make it..Their neiche has to be HDTV so all new buyer (most between november and feb) will look to VOOM

Love it but...

I love the fact Voom is adding more channels but I NEVER watch USA. At least, with TNT, I watched some basketball. I really want to see things like rsns and the Science Channel.

The Rickster

IMO, this USA channel is awful. A perfect example of garbage SD TV. Voom added it because customers were crying for it.

I turned it on to see what it had. I don't know how long commercials were running before I switched on, but they ran another 7 minutes of commercials before some cheesy show came back on. Almost immediately a reminder appeared at the bottom to advertise some other show tonight. Yukk!

Please, let's stop asking Voom for more SD. You can get that on cable, D*, E*, and OTA. Put up rabbit ears for commercial SD channels if that's what you are happy with.

Voom is attempting to redefine TV viewing with their unique approach to HD and commercial-free content. I hope they move forward with their own vision. That is their edge over their competitors; not playing catch-up with more SD channels.

I must admit, I'm underwhelmed. This is a result of the "I can't live without USA" people. And do you think it is a coincidence that the prices are going up at the same time this channel was added? Now that it is part of the basic lineup, let's see how many new subs are willing to pay $10 more per month to get Voom.

The primary mission. IMO, should be 2 steps.
1. Fix the current HD content. There is more detail in this forum than Voom would ever get from a telephone survey. The single most important thing in item 1 is to increase bandwidth for HD channels.

2. Once #1 is complete, add more HD content.

You guys can't bitch about everything, I mean you do, but, some complained because they want USA, HGTV, SCIFI, and RSNs, now Voom is trying to accomodate more for its customers and adds USA, and looks to add RSNs very soon. What do we get?

More complaining.... Dish SD looks horrendous.. HORRENDOUS.. especially the Fox RSNs... At least Voom's listening for crying out loud and added USA.

Dvlos said:
... adds USA, and looks to add RSNs very soon.
SD channels are very low on my priority list too. But I do welcome these latest additions. And the timing is everything!
I am not a big fan of the USA channel, but it will have some exclusive live coverage of the Olympics, including Basketball, Soccer, etc. Glad it was added this month, not in October.
And the FSNCLE (Cleveland RSN) is pretty much the only way to watch Cleveland Indians. This is the only channel I really miss since I canceled my cable. Glad they are rolling it out before the baseball season is over...

HD Cinema (104): The Gumball Rally 7pm

sundance and flix channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts