Using 2 remotes on 1 reciever

Thanks for the reply. Where can I get info on how to program them to both work? I have searched Google with no luck.
Open System Info on the receiver. Press and hold SAT, when all 4 lights on the top light up, let go, SAT will start blinking now. Type in your address of choice(I recommend 5 or 7 if going UHF), and hit pound. Press record 3 times. Now with the second remote, repeat the steps up till hitting pound. Once you press pound, it is now addressed to the number you put in, so they should both work now.

http://www.mydish.com/support/change-remote-address

This will walk you through the steps with pictures, but you do not have to press record on the second remote.

Thanks for the info.

How do I get the remote address to change to 5 or 7? Mine reads 15 and that will not work on the 2nd remote.

After you change the code in the remote like Chad explained then press menu twice with the old remote or press the system info button on the front of the receiver to call up the system info screen. Press 'Record' on the remote to sync it with the receiver. Just make sure both remotes are set to the same code.

Perform the same steps on both remotes, including the number you type in. If you want to use 15, then use 15. IF you wanna use 5 that's fine also. 5 and 7 was just a recommendation, you don't have to use them, just reduces the chance of someone havig the same address as you nearby. Once you perform the steps on both renotes(including typing in the same number on each), both remotes will be addressed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)