navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
You can't.

I was at a Genius Bar appointment today for something else and asked. Nope. You have to touch the iPhone to get Siri to work. I'd rather have hands free dialing (well, touch the ear bud) so no Siri for me. Maybe I'll play with that function in my idle hours just to see how it works.

With my Plantronics M50, I just long click the ear bud and say "Call XYZ" or "Dial 123" or double click it and it redials. THAT is useful.

I've been using a plantronics marque 2 for quite some time now with Siri. (Phone dialing, replying and sending text messages, setting reminders for when I arrive back at the office, all hands free)

Although with 7.1, I'm getting more instances where Siri hangs after I've said something.

I've been using a plantronics marque 2 for quite some time now with Siri. (Phone dialing, replying and sending text messages, setting reminders for when I arrive back at the office, all hands free)

Although with 7.1, I'm getting more instances where Siri hangs after I've said something.

Please explain how you do that without touching the iPhone (button pushes, etc or does it just listen all the time?). The "Geniuses" were firm it couldn't be done. Maybe the Marque 2 has some extra capability?

I just long click like you do until it beeps, then a second later I hear siri activate. I say what I have to say, and usually siri does as I ask.

I'm using it on a 5s with iOS 7.1.

I have noticed lately that my marque 2 doesn't seem to tell siri I'm done talking and hangs on those requests, forcing me to touch the screen. After that my request is fully recognized.
Edit:
Tested it with a second marque 2 that I handed down to wife. Worked flawlessly and handsfree. Looks like yours should work, judging by the specs.

Last edited:
I'll have to try that tomorrow, and look up the differences between the two ear buds.

I have learned the specs for the M50 and Marque 2 are similar. Yet the Marque 2 does in fact talk to SIRI thru the earbud.

The Marque 2 uses an APP. do you use this APP or did it work out of the box with SIRI? I think the app just sets it up. Or is it used while using the earbud?

Well, I've got one on order. But I really need to play with Siri and see if she's worth anything.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Just got a warranty replacement for my black m165. I'm still forced to manually tap the screen for siri to stop listening and process commands.

I guess I got lucky with the white m165 I have since it's apparently not as noisy and knows when I've stopped talking.

I might just give one of the new jawbone eras a try.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Well, mine is guaranteed to be here today NLT 8 pm. Err- yeah. Assuming it shows up tomorrow, I might mess with Siri and then it and decide what I want to do.

Too bad we found one of the lost ear buds and don't need the new one after all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)