Using "Used" RG-6 Cables

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DaveO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
I have a dual-cable with ground running from my barn roof to the back of my HDTV that is not being used. I self-installed it back in 1997 for Dish and I switched to DTV and they installed a new (single) cable when I switched. (I think that's how it went..)

Wondering if I can tell the installer to just go ahead and use the existing (older cables) for my HR-20 installation?

It would save both of us a lot of aggravation having to run it along the barn and then up through the cellar.

The cable looks fine and I'm wondering if there would be any degradation using the older cable?

Anyone?:confused:

Why not? I'm still using RG6 cables that are over 10 years old.
A good installer will have a cable tester to see how good they are if there is any question.

The age of the cable has absolutly nothing to do with the quality. If it has never been damaged or gotten full of water it will be fine.:)

The installer will probably TRY to use the existing cable unless you tell him otherwise.
So I would imagine your situation will not be a problem at all.

Jimbo

The installer will probably TRY to use the existing cable unless you tell him otherwise.
So I would imagine your situation will not be a problem at all.

Jimbo

Great! I'm hoping to keep him happy to spend a little time showing me how to operate this HR-20, and get me hooked up with my home theater system.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)