Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
We own vBulletin 4 and are running a test site using it. However I don't like it yet as it does not seem like an upgrade to me.

In addition a number of our modes (such as the selective forum filter which lets you hide forums you dont want to see) and another mod which imports emails as a forum message are not available on vBulletin 4.

We need both of those mods to be working on vBulletin 4 in order to move to it. All of the other mods which we run have been ported over, so we are good there.

I also must be honest I don't like the look of the new vBulletin. Text is too small and finding things is hard, again the new software seems like a downgrade to me.

So we will be here for awhile as long as we dont start having issues with our current software.

KimmiKat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 11, 2005
At a computer.
I'm using vB4 on my board and it's nothing to write home about. I ended up disabling the the CMS part of it and I can't get the arcade to work even with the help of the author.

Ever since vB was sold to another company, they seem to want to make more like a social network site like LiveJournal.com.

Tyralak

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 21, 2003
Secure, Undisclosed Location
We own vBulletin 4 and are running a test site using it. However I don't like it yet as it does not seem like an upgrade to me.

In addition a number of our modes (such as the selective forum filter which lets you hide forums you dont want to see) and another mod which imports emails as a forum message are not available on vBulletin 4.

We need both of those mods to be working on vBulletin 4 in order to move to it. All of the other mods which we run have been ported over, so we are good there.

I also must be honest I don't like the look of the new vBulletin. Text is too small and finding things is hard, again the new software seems like a downgrade to me.

So we will be here for awhile as long as we dont start having issues with our current software.

I tend to agree. I don't much like it either. From what the people on the Vb forums are saying, it was just window dressing and an excuse to hike the price up. A few things don't even work as well in 4.x as they do in 3.x. Although, one thing I found really amusing was the fact that 4.x visually looks like it's trying to copy their main competitor, IPB. I chose IPB for my site, partly because of the new Vb licensing rules, also because it performed better. From what I understand, a lot of sites are staying with 3.x.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts