Vbox7 zapped (@#$% lightning!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ugh, that's the worse. Lightning got my parent's submersible pump a few years back, I definitely wouldn't want to have to pull a well pump, especially in this heat!
Yep, That was fun, Especially when it was dark for 2 hours of the process,
And stormy.
But it was only 125 feet.
Lucky for me, I got to Lowes right before it closed.

The wire was welded to the pressure switch...

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Homeowner's insurance should cover that, including pulling the pump, mine did.
Next time lol.
I don't have time for calling and making a claim for them to pay me the $150 after my $500 deductible.
On my $650 bill.

Sure if I wasn't able to do it myself that would be different, Because that's around $1500 job.

But it's all good now.

Atleast everything didn't get fried.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: FTA4PA and . Raine
$1500? Hummm, I had my well pump replaced back earlier in the spring and it was less than $600 INSTALLED?? I did help the guy pull the pump and put it back but he has a MACHINE to pull it that fits right on top of the well casing and it does all the work for you? Just connect it up to 110v and press the button, then put the PVC pipe where you want it as it comes out.

That well pump was the original one that was put in when the house was built back in the spring of 2000 so it went 16 years before it crapped out. It did take 3 weeks to get the burnt smell out of that well though, which sucked. Even sanitizing it with bleach didn't cover that up!! I got drinking water from a friend that lives right up the road from me until it finally cleared up.

When I was a kid that is what my dad did for a living. Pulling a pump that is set at around 400ft. was a half a day job. He had a truck that was set up for those jobs. They were also on galvanized pipe.

Don't forget that Troch77's wires going to the well were cooked too, that would add to the price.

Quality of the pump too, can make a huge difference in price. We changed our well pump this spring because it just wasn't cutting it in the hot summer months when the well was at a lower level, even though the pump was only two years old, a flotec shallow well pump from Lowes that cost $250.

We replaced it with a Wayne pump that cost $500, with the same specs and have no problems, night and day performance between the two pumps even though according to specs, they should be the same.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)