Verizon IPhone 4 as wi-fi appliance?

phlatwound

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 25, 2007
Goosapeak Junction
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes...

A little background...been on Verizon contract for about 25 years, me and wife have talk-and-text dumbphones (LG CosmosII), daughter has data plan (IPhone 4).

I have an IPhone4, (maybe a 4s if that matters), that I would like to use for a wi-fi only appliance.

The phone was used on Verizon contract for a couple of years, my daughter got another to replace it after the screen got broken (again), so this phone is not activated on any service currently.

We have a wireless router that reaches easily out into our yard and my shop, was wondering if I could use the old unactivated IPhone (after I replace the screen...again) as a wi-fi appliance/mini tablet?

Wife and I are not planning on getting smartphones/data plans anytime in the near future, don't need or want to pay for it.

I am totally ignorant of how this might (not?) work, never had a smartphone, any thoughts are appreciated.

Yup, basically without Cell Service you have yourself an iPod Touch instead of an iPhone. The only thing that won't work on it is making calls. Everything else will still work over WIFI. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)