Verizon mifi.

Buzzdar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2006
USA
If you have a verizon wireless mifi do u like it and is it worth the money for it. I am looking for all the good and bad thing about this item.

Buzzdar said:
Do u think its easy to hit the 5g limit for a month.

On a phone not likely but using a pc yes. If streaming music and occasional videos no big deal. Downloading videos will kill you. I have a rooted Droid and have yet to hit 5GB when tethering with my iTouch.

I will mostly b using a iPod touch. And on occasion a laptop as long as i can use my iPod touch and maybe someday an iPad then I'll be good. Thanks to all for your responses.

Curious, if you have Data on the Droid in the first place, why would one want to tether the Ipod touch to it for use instead?

Or is it in addition to using the droid.
Just curious.

Curious, if you have Data on the Droid in the first place, why would one want to tether the Ipod touch to it for use instead?

Just curious.
If it tethers wirelessly, it could be useful if you have kids or a spouse with one but no phone data plan? Other than that, I am asking the same question you are

Just curious.

Good question.

I tether my droid to my PC occasionally when travelling. I used probably 8 hours of streaming audio in the car on the droid and maybe 2-3 hours of web browsing on the PC while tethered, and in a month my data was about 1GB. Wasn't downloading anything big to the PC; in many ways the same pages I'd be loading on the Droid were just loading on the PC.

Last year I tethered my phone to my desktop PC, connected to a 24" monitor and every evening for a month, I used slingbox for about 5-6 hours. I just went over a little in 30 days. During the day I would just surf the web and do e-mail. MY plan is unlimited grandfathered so I didn't get billed extra for going over 5Gb. I think it was 5.8 Gb that month.

O m g that's alot of data to use n two weeks

all legal. game updates, new games, ect

no highspeed option other then satellite or cellular where i live, so im using that unlimted to the max.

btw that 10gb was 1 game, and over 1 weekend :)

mdram said:
all legal. game updates, new games, ect

no highspeed option other then satellite or cellular where i live, so im using that unlimted to the max.

btw that 10gb was 1 game, and over 1 weekend :)

Wow and slow by what I have at home. Thankfully I have 16mb for video.

Still curious why you would want to tether the itouch to the droid. I mean I assume it is in addition to (which I understand), but just curious.

I know when I had a droid I had alot of problems with it and I ended up with the palm pre plus for one it was smaller than droid and it wouldn't cost me no more than I had w droid and it had the built in mobile hotspot/mifi so I would be I think getting more for my money since I wont have to pay the 59.99 Mi fi fees. Even when I had droid I was always using my iPod touch. More than my droid. Some day I hope to get an iPad too. I am just hoping that I can just keep my data usage to under 5G. I wish there was a way to cut data off at 5g.

I am tethering right now, while riding a train to Chicago. Using PDANet for USB Tethering (since verizon disabled the USB tether in Froyo with the latest build, but this works like a charm - and it enables me to keep the phone charged while I work.

Been using it for the past 30 minutes without a hitch. The phone isn't even warm, since its not using the battery.

I love this phone.

Just curious.

Looks kinda weird too...if you're stuck on the touch that much just get an iphone to solve the two device issue.

I was feeding an ipod touch this weekend in Grand Isle.. I was with some friends and heard their kid complaining they didn't have wifi at the camp. Normally we would have been fishing or at the beach but there seems to be a problem with the water right now ;) I pulled my TP2 out of my pocket and turned on the wifirouter for him.

Wireless tethering is so cool... even though I've used it many times before I still smile from ear to ear using it.

I know I would just get an iPhone if the AT&T network was as good as vzw bit its not I would rather carry two devices my self instead of having the AT&T network.

What particularly do you like better about surfing on the itouch versus the droid. I have had both, and since the browsers are so similar, I would go with the droid just for the slightly larger screen. Just curious. Again. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)