Verizon reportedly launching 'More Everything' plans with higher data caps, lower prices

Except our bill would go up as we have 2 smartphones and 4 GB of data. Under the new plan that's $150 a month.

Yeah, I got an email from them last week saying that our 2GB share everything plan was being increased to 3GB and now includes international messaging. They say this comes at no charge to us. We have 3 iPhones and 3 dumb phones on this plan with unlimited minutes and messaging. All 3 iPhones are connected to WiFi at home and at work so we rarely even come near our 2GB. When we do they notify us in time to move up to the 4GB plan for a month and avoid the overage. With this extra GB we shouldn't have to worry about that anymore.

We had to switch to one of these share anything plans last year when we wanted to add a 6th line to our share plan. Our bill for 6 lines with 3 smartphones and 2GB of data was $270. They bumped us up to 3GB without increasing the cost but I just logged in and found that I can drop us back down to 2GB and save $10 per month. It's not much but its something.

When we switched to this plan it ended up costing us a little more than our old plan but it also gave us unlimited minutes which we have been taking advantage of. Two of us use our phones constantly for work and we would occasionally go over on our monthly minutes. Plus, my sister's fiance doesn't have Verizon and recently moved out of town for work. She spends about an hour a day on the phone with him and used to have to wait till after 9 so they could use free nights and weekends. I also don't have a landline in my new house so my cell gets a lot of personal use in addition to the business use. I got them to throw in a free Network Extender too because the service was poor in my new house. It's nice not to have to worry about what time it is for night and weekend minutes or try to keep track of my contacts and try to remember which of them have Verizon for free mobile to mobile.

I would be open to trying a new provider and saving some money. The problem is that we spend a lot of time at our cabin on the lake during the summer. This place is in the middle of nowhere in Northern Michigan. From what we have seen Verizon is the only provider that can offer somewhat reliable service up there. Even they are somewhat shaky but AT&T and T-Mobile don't seem to work at all up there. We have no landline or internet up there so access to our cell phones is important to us.

I'm glad Verizon got rid of the minute plans and night mins started at 9 pm! That was the dumbest idea to do that. I tested t mobile and they work really well in major cities but in rural areas where I easily got coverage with Verizon I noticed I didn't with T- mobile. Hopefully T- mobile can improve in mi and all over so I can go back to them.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)