Verizon slashes More Everything prices to keep pace with AT&T

Too bad prices can only be had with Edge. I'll pass. No desire to pay full price for my phones.

no plan to change anything unless they bring unlimited data back
until then, used phones for me

Does anyone here use edge?

I often pay full price for my phones and sell them to offset the cost of upgrading a few months later. It keeps me fairly cost neutral.

I have not paid much attention to the edge program until lately. Sure, you pay a monthly fee for the device, but you also get a line credit. Downside is you have to turn it in when and if you trade again.

It is possible I could come out ahead with less hassle on this plan. Thoughts from people that use it and swap out often?

Does this mean for my wife and I if we get the 10GB plan we only pay $80 a month since we are both on Edge?

that 480 is just the phone accesss, add the data and edge cost on top of it
figure @ 200 a month

Does this mean for my wife and I if we get the 10GB plan we only pay $80 a month since we are both on Edge?

From what I can tell using Iphone 5s for example. If you had two of them on edge, with the 10gb data plan, all total excluding taxes would be $234.16. Then you would get a $10 per line discount for being on edge to make it again excluding taxes, $214.16

My wife and I have edge. Our bill is 60 more a month. If we go to the 10 gb plan all it will do is give us more data for the same price we're paying now. You get a $25 discount for the line access but you pay more to get the 10 Gb of data. When our edge agreements are up or when they are low enough where we can pay them off we are going back to contracts . It's not worth paying 60.00 more. Plus if you edge up yearly then you always have an increased payment .

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I don't like how Verizon isn't passing on the savings to existing customers who don't upgrade. I have 3 Iphone 5's and am out of contract paying 250 a month for 8 gigs a month and unlimited talk, and text. You think I would be able to pop down to ATT's and Tmobiles pricing of 150 a month with Verizon. Nope. They wont bump down my plan to the edge and I have to upgrade in order to see the discount.

See ya, I'm just going to swap out my sims for T mobile and see the cost savings there. Verizon just hasn't gotten it!

There is that and briefly looking at the link in still not sure if its lte compatible. I'm not sure the model numbers in questions.

I know when I used a GSM sim I got hspa but no lte. Had other issues besides that as well.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

I don't like how Verizon isn't passing on the savings to existing customers who don't upgrade. I have 3 Iphone 5's and am out of contract paying 250 a month for 8 gigs a month and unlimited talk, and text. You think I would be able to pop down to ATT's and Tmobiles pricing of 150 a month with Verizon. Nope. They wont bump down my plan to the edge and I have to upgrade in order to see the discount.

See ya, I'm just going to swap out my sims for T mobile and see the cost savings there. Verizon just hasn't gotten it!

I tried T-mobile out for a month. Coverage was great in some areas but in locations where I visit often it was very poor. Also got no service at my location as well . There coverage is no where near Verizon's .

Does anyone here use edge?

I often pay full price for my phones and sell them to offset the cost of upgrading a few months later. It keeps me fairly cost neutral.

I have not paid much attention to the edge program until lately. Sure, you pay a monthly fee for the device, but you also get a line credit. Downside is you have to turn it in when and if you trade again.

It is possible I could come out ahead with less hassle on this plan. Thoughts from people that use it and swap out often?

i just added it to my main line.

In fact I was in Twitter today asking Verizon for help with a tablet. I mentioned I can just go to AT&T and leave Verizon . As soon as I mentioned Them not even a min after that tweet to Verizon I get one from AT&T asking to check out their devices and network.

I have Edge on two lines but as soon as it's up or if I can pay it off early then I'm going back to regular contracts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)