Verizon updates its Android Roadmap... world edition D2, Tablet, Samsung, and more...

I was pretty sure that the earlier roadmap that stuart628 referred to couldn't be the last one for 2010; it just did not make any sense for the D2 to be the last phone they would put out this year.

Still haven't seen the "killer" gingerbread device I am hoping for; not "killer" in th sense of being an iphone killer, since that concept is long past, but killer in the sense of its overall specs. But we'll see. While I really would like a great Moto Android tablet, with VZW putting it out you know it will require a data plan; and unlike Apple, there won't be a wi-fi only version. :(

all I know is BAATTERY LIFE SUCKS on these new phones, and yes I am looking at you incredible, droid x and droid 2......it is so bad it made me almost (gasp) take my 30 day trade in and go back to blackberry as at the end of the day I NEED my phone calls and emails....the rest is just butter.

edit: by the way I took my phone off charger at 8:37, at 11:51 I was at 50% battery life, NOT acceptable in my book when I have 2 phone calls and several emails, weatherbug updating every half an hour...could be this ninja blur crap but the incredible has just as bad battery life.

Thought I read Droid 2 had a much much better battery life than the first Droid.

Too bad things like Weatherbug can't be throttled based on battery life. Every 30 minutes when 1-50%, once an hour 50-30%, 2 hour or manual only at lower thresholds.

Thought I read Droid 2 had a much much better battery life than the first Droid.

Too bad things like Weatherbug can't be throttled based on battery life. Every 30 minutes when 1-50%, once an hour 50-30%, 2 hour or manual only at lower thresholds.

in the forums people are saying the battery life is alot worse and more on par with the incredible and x...I thought about the droid 2 and then saw that :(

in the forums people are saying the battery life is alot worse and more on par with the incredible and x...I thought about the droid 2 and then saw that :(

50% by 11am is crazy. My droid will drain during the day, but nothing like that. Of course, I don't use it for calls much.

Mine is usually around 60% by 11-12. What is your mormal usage pattern? What do you have turned on and off?

I have gps on and that is about it, no wifi no bluetooth, signal is 3-4 bars....with my droid I could go a day and a half without charging....with the x...well I guess it will make it 6 hours. same programs everything.

I have to charge my Droid more or less every day, but coming from a Storm i was a significant improvement over that. With my Droid if I forget to charge it at least it still works in the morning... the Storm was dead by 2-3am.

I leave mine in a dock when I am home; at work it gets through the day with no problem. Less so if I am traveling and using it ALL the time. But that is what spare batteries are for. They are cheap too.

Wife and I have multimedia docks on each side of our bed, heh.

That is funny. I have one right next to my bed too. My excuse for it being there is that if there is a thunderstorm, I'll be able to see the radar and know if we need to batten down the hatches. :D :D

Although I hate when I forget to put the phone on buzzer, and I get waken from a dead sleep by "DROID!!!!!" :)

That is funny. I have one right next to my bed too. My excuse for it being there is that if there is a thunderstorm, I'll be able to see the radar and know if we need to batten down the hatches. :D :D

Although I hate when I forget to put the phone on buzzer, and I get waken from a dead sleep by "DROID!!!!!" :)
SAME here!! DROID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then i say )&^(*&%&$^#$%$#%@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: ha ha:D

Nope,I love the Droid sound. It never gets old... except at 2am. My text message sound though.... is Worf saying "Captain... incoming message." :D

Yeah, my "Captain, incoming message" scares the crap out of me at night when I forget to put it on vibrate. Who needs to text at 1am?

Droid X Recovery Achieved

best media app for android

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)