Vick Attended Dogfight!

Well, that is why it was not done by LOCAL authorities and the FBI was involved. I would not be surprised that when it comes to trial, it might be moved OUT of his home town....maybe even his home state. I am not too sure about federal laws when it comes to moving trials from one state to another. Either way, he have not been convicted just yet.

But like I said, where there is smoke...there is fire....
Actually the Feds have it because Mr. Poindexter and the sherrif (both black) wouldnt do their damn job.

Surry Commonwealth's Attorney Gerald Poindexter is greatly concerned about challenges to his case. Poindexter and Surry Sheriff Harold Brown have decided not to execute a search warrant looking for blood spattered wood and as many as 30 dog carcasses buried on the 15-acre Surry County property

WAVY TV 10 - News, Weather, Traffic, Sports for Hampton Roads, Virginia - North Eastern North Carolina - Gerald Poindexter explains why he is not executing search warrant

There are also video interviews with Poindexter stating that Vick was being persecuted because he was a famous black athelete and this was a witch hunt. :rolleyes:

Wow, now Race is a factor. So do where do you dry clean your white Hood, cloak,and robe?

the local prosecutor, Poindexter, has been dragging his feet for some time. There have been local news reports stating s much. He is black and vick is black. That why reports have thought the feet were dragging. Further, Poindexter did not even execute a search warrant on the property, it was the feds some time after Poindexter started his "investigation".
Spare us the race crap....if you follow the news you would not look so foolish throwing out white hoods and KKK references.
There is nothing racial about this case, it is about people doing disgusting, disturbing, cruel, grotesque thing to animals. They should have he same done to them...IMO

the local prosecutor, Poindexter, has been dragging his feet for some time. There have been local news reports stating s much. He is black and vick is black. That why reports have thought the feet were dragging. Further, Poindexter did not even execute a search warrant on the property, it was the feds some time after Poindexter started his "investigation".
Spare us the race crap....if you follow the news you would not look so foolish throwing out white hoods and KKK references.
There is nothing racial about this case, it is about people doing disgusting, disturbing, cruel, grotesque thing to animals. They should have he same done to them...IMO

I don't know if he was dragging his feet because of race but more about star struck and Vick being a local celebrity.

He is a hypocrite if he doesnt suspend Vick.

Well hypocrite he is. The NFL decided not to take action against Vick this very afternoon. I guess if you are NFL posterboy, you get judged on a different set of rules. As I said earlier,Pacman wasn't convicted of anything either, yet he's sitting this season out. I'm hoping Vick has enough sense , or the Falcon's owner has enough sense to get him to sit this out until it's over. This will be a huge distraction in camp for the team. I can hear the opposing teams playing "Who let the dogs out?" over their PA systems already. This is not right.

I think Kobe Bryant set this precedent. Remember when he was flying back and forth to Denver during the playing season? Like Kobe, Vick doesn't appear to have any real criminal history so the owner's giving him the benefit of the doubt.

This is not the NBA, and the precedent has been set by Goodell with Pacman, Tank Johnson, etc.... Doesn't matter about precedents anyhow, read the previous post.

Well hypocrite he is. The NFL decided not to take action against Vick this very afternoon. I guess if you are NFL posterboy, you get judged on a different set of rules. As I said earlier,Pacman wasn't convicted of anything either, yet he's sitting this season out. I'm hoping Vick has enough sense , or the Falcon's owner has enough sense to get him to sit this out until it's over. This will be a huge distraction in camp for the team. I can hear the opposing teams playing "Who let the dogs out?" over their PA systems already. This is not right.

Yeah...but HOW MANY run ins did Pac-man Jones have with the police/authorities??? Almost 20??!! And how many run-ins with the law has Micheal Vick had since playing high school football?

None.

So I am sure that was taken into consideration....and it didn't help that he was becoming a marketers wet-dream....you KNEW full well he was/is gonna get the benefit of the doubt.

But remember, NOTHING has been officially announced....so he is NO WHERE near out of the woods just yet.

Yeah...but HOW MANY run ins did Pac-man Jones have with the police/authorities??? Almost 20??!! And how many run-ins with the law has Micheal Vick had since playing high school football?

None.

So I am sure that was taken into consideration....and it didn't help that he was becoming a marketers wet-dream....you KNEW full well he was/is gonna get the benefit of the doubt.

But remember, NOTHING has been officially announced....so he is NO WHERE near out of the woods just yet.

LOL

Ron Mexico wasn't exactly a choir boy even before the dog fighting allegations came up.

LOL

Ron Mexico wasn't exactly a choir boy even before the dog fighting allegations came up.

He has done some stupid crap....no doubt...neither I nor YOU can call ourselves angels.....:rolleyes::D

BUT...the fact remains, since Pac-Man Jones has been in the league...he has had runs with the cops AT LEAST 15 maybe 20 times....and Vick....??!!

Like I said, do I THINK he is guitly....yep, no doubt in my mind. BUT, I have this eerie feeling there is more to this than meets the eye and I will wait to pass judgement until AFTER I hear someone says "we the jury find the defendant GUILTY on all charges".....:smug

He has done some stupid crap....no doubt...neither I nor YOU can call ourselves angels.....:rolleyes::D

BUT...the fact remains, since Pac-Man Jones has been in the league...he has had runs with the cops AT LEAST 15 maybe 20 times....and Vick....??!!

Like I said, do I THINK he is guitly....yep, no doubt in my mind. BUT, I have this eerie feeling there is more to this than meets the eye and I will wait to pass judgement until AFTER I hear someone says "we the jury find the defendant GUILTY on all charges".....:smug

Pac-man was a problem even at collage, I don't feel sorry for Tenn., they should of knew what they were getting into.

Timeline of Adam "Pacman" Jones' Incidents - News Story - WSMV Nashville

AS for Vick, with Ron Mexico, flipped off his own fans twice and the famous water bottle, doesn't even compare to Pac-man. But I still think he is GUILTY.

BTW, did you see that Goodell slammed Portis on his remarks about the dogfights?

Goodell Slams Remarks By Portis - washingtonpost.com

Vick may face Virginia charges in addition to federal indictment

Michael Vick's troubles might not end at the federal courthouse steps.

The top state prosecutor in Surry County, Va., said the Atlanta Falcons quarterback "more than likely" will face state charges in addition to the dogfighting charges brought against him by a federal grand jury on Tuesday, according to the Virginian-Pilot newspaper of Hampton Roads.

Surry County Commmonwealth's Attorney Gerald Poindexter told the newspaper he was not sure what charges Vick might face and that any indictment by a local grand jury could be months away. "But we're very moved by the idea of animals being executed," he said, according to the newspaper.

According to Poindexter, dogfighting and cruelty to animals when the animal is a companion dog are felonies in Virginia, the Virginian-Pilot reported.

However, unlike the federal indictment against Vick and three others, any charges sought by Poindexter seeks must be on crimes alleged to have been committed in Surry County, the newspaper reported.

ESPN - Vick could still face charges in Virginia as well - NFL

I haven't said much on this issue as I have had a hard time finding consistent reports that are not opinionated, but I hate that PETA is already protesting and demanding NFL league action.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Just because he is accussed, PETA wants to chastise him already. The news sites are not any better.

Anyways, I am withholding my judgement until he gets a fair trial, but if he is convited in any way (even attending a fight) than I do think he should be suspended. The team should at least suspend him if the league won't.

i am hardly a PETA fan by any stretch of the imagination. i am an animal lover but i feel PETA are a bunch of extremists. that said, i'm glad they have gotten involved in this vick mess. whether he is directly involved remains to be seen but i think its a safe bet, he is, at least, indirectly involved. how those animals were treated was inhumane and that's putting it mildly!

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?
Only applies in criminal court. In civil court, it's proponderance of the evidence. In the court of the real world, neither apply much. If the NFL and/or the Falcons wanted to get rid of them, they probably already have enough to ditch him just on conduct unbecoming to the league or team. Many of Vicks sponsors have already either left, didn't renew, or suspended existing promotions until the dust settles.

My personal feelings is that Vick should take a voluntary unpaid leave of absence. With the case being heard on the Rocket Docket, I'd expect things to be done by the end of this upcoming season. There is no way Vick can help his defense as well as his team and the case will be a major distraction for both him and his teammates, even more so if he is trying to play at the same time. If he is acquitted, charges dropped, or a Duke Lacrosse type situation occurs, a leave of absence leaves the door open for his return. If he's convicted, then it can turn into a suspension and/or ban.

Exactly! :up

i am hardly a PETA fan by any stretch of the imagination. i am an animal lover but i feel PETA are a bunch of extremists. that said, i'm glad they have gotten involved in this vick mess. whether he is directly involved remains to be seen but i think its a safe bet, he is, at least, indirectly involved. how those animals were treated was inhumane and that's putting it mildly!

There is a commentary on espn.com that says "in a perverse sort of way people care more about cruelty to animals in the court of public opinion". I know this is a stretch for some, but this is in the ball park (though obviously not at severe) of child molestation, it's just plain sick and makes completely no sense. I mean I understand if you want to do drugs, abuse alcohol, or hire prostitutes those activities only hurt yourself for the most part and are not uncommon to high lucrative wealth coupled with risk taking behavior that normal people never get the chance to deal with. You could say the gambling angle but for a high roller like vick, vegas is only a flight away. I used to think Vick was an fairly honorable black man who occasionally had vices normally assorted with too much money too fast, but if he is found guilty (and I think he will be), then i'm forced classify as nothing but a sorry n****r. Sorry I dislike that word (you have to work real hard to earn that title in terms of stupidity in my book), but this time I think the title will fit. The feds don't indict unless they think they have a good case. I think he's going down and I think the commissioner will have to act prudently.

Only applies in criminal court. In civil court, it's proponderance of the evidence.

Well, a preponderance of evidence would be being PROVEN guilty in the courts/publics eye. He has not even had a hearing yet and people are already passing full judgement

That being said, while I withhold judement, I do think he's guilty of something in this case. What exactly, we'll have to wait

The wacky part to me is that some will say well Koby raped a girl and got off; OJ killed his ex-wife and got off; and Ray lewis capped a guy and got off. What's the difference here. The difference here the girl had a shaky past (which can be understood), Nicole & OJ had a long history of domestic violence escalation (which although wrong still can be understood), and the dude ray capped ran in tough circles (which can be understood). All parties have a sort of culpability on some level on both sides that can be understood. The logic is that is you're a professional athlete you can get off. The problem with that is that child molestation has no such caveat (because it's completely sick) and can't be understood. Animal cruelty is in the same class. Vick is screwed completely.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)