Video Game Deals

The Humble Bundle is having a weekly sale, and this week it's the Alan Wake games. If you haven't played them, they're VERY good. I feel Alan Wake is a very underappreciated IP and I personally loved the original (the sequel I haven't beat yet and it's a little odd because it emphasizes combat, which I thought was NOT the original's strong point). It's not the perfect game, but it has great atmosphere and storytelling. You can pay ANY amount you want for this. You can pay a dollar and get the games (You get the Original Game as well as The American Nightmare, which was the follow up.) Sale ends on the 29th.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

The Humble Bundle is having a weekly sale, and this week it's the Alan Wake games. If you haven't played them, they're VERY good. I feel Alan Wake is a very underappreciated IP and I personally loved the original (the sequel I haven't beat yet and it's a little odd because it emphasizes combat, which I thought was NOT the original's strong point). It's not the perfect game, but it has great atmosphere and storytelling. You can pay ANY amount you want for this. You can pay a dollar and get the games (You get the Original Game as well as The American Nightmare, which was the follow up.) Sale ends on the 29th.

Thanks. I'm jumping all over this one. I have been meaning to play Alan Wake for years. I don't have much interest in the sequel but I will give it a shot since it's thrown in. I always thought this was a 360 exclusive so I never bothered to check the PC prices. I was also not aware that these humble bundle sales were a weekly thing. I have heard of some great sales through them but they were before my PC build. This will be my first humble bundle purchase.

I also didn't know that these humble bundle deals had anything to do with charity. I thought letting the customers decide on a price was just a cool marketing technique to drive up sales. I think this is a great idea so I paid $5. $2 to charity, $2 to Remedy for making the game, and $1 for the humble tip for putting it on. I know that is still being pretty cheap for charity, but hey it's an old game and I still paid 5 times the minimum. I see that some people are very generous with this. The highest paid so far was $512 and there are plenty of $150 and $100 people.

Don't forget that you get a bunch of bonus material as well, like comics, music, and making of videos.

Another great deal. Tomb Raider sure has had some good sales through different outlets since its release.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!
I'd buy it if I had more money on my gift card.. and didn't have a big enough backlog of games already. Still working through Bioshock Infinite and now Alan Wake again since I bought it yesterday. I'm about to give up on Gears of War: Judgement because I simply can't get into the game at all, which is sad because I LOVED 1 and 2, and apparently the interest left at 3. Ironically the same thing happened with the God of War series..

I'd buy it if I had more money on my gift card.. and didn't have a big enough backlog of games already. Still working through Bioshock Infinite and now Alan Wake again since I bought it yesterday. I'm about to give up on Gears of War: Judgement because I simply can't get into the game at all, which is sad because I LOVED 1 and 2, and apparently the interest left at 3. Ironically the same thing happened with the God of War series..

I never picked up the new god of war because I kind of knew I had enough after 3. Gears Judgment was fun enough for me. I didn't get too into the online because I didn't have a group of friends playing. The short campaign and aftermath mode were fun for me though.

Tomb Raider is probably the best looking game I have seen on my PC. I got about half way through before I decided to go play gears and Bioshock infinite. Now I got hooked on Bioshock 1 again so I'll probably finish Tomb raider after that if I don't do my second play though of infinite first.

I would definitely pick up Tomb Raider eventually though if I were you. I wouldn't worry to much about this sale because like I said it keeps going on sale everywhere and the prices keep getting better. If you keep holding out I'm sure you will get it for a great price.

I never picked up the new god of war because I kind of knew I had enough after 3. Gears Judgment was fun enough for me. I didn't get too into the online because I didn't have a group of friends playing. The short campaign and aftermath mode were fun for me though.

Tomb Raider is probably the best looking game I have seen on my PC. I got about half way through before I decided to go play gears and Bioshock infinite. Now I got hooked on Bioshock 1 again so I'll probably finish Tomb raider after that if I don't do my second play though of infinite first.

I would definitely pick up Tomb Raider eventually though if I were you. I wouldn't worry to much about this sale because like I said it keeps going on sale everywhere and the prices keep getting better. If you keep holding out I'm sure you will get it for a great price.

In the "It can only happen to yourbeliefs" files, I just checked my gift card to see what my funds were to see if I could afford TR. Well, the price is 13.60, and my balance is 13.16...

tumblr_m0k8aaRsGn1qibz0jo1_500.png

Another Humble Indie Bundle is up. 7 games where you pay what you want (but you need to pay about $5.20 to get everything and that price is rising.) They have Little Inferno, Awesomenauts, Capsized, Thomas Was Alone, Dear Esther, and if you pay above the average you get Hotline Miami and Proteus.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Another Humble Indie Bundle is up. 7 games where you pay what you want (but you need to pay about $5.20 to get everything and that price is rising.) They have Little Inferno, Awesomenauts, Capsized, Thomas Was Alone, Dear Esther, and if you pay above the average you get Hotline Miami and Proteus.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

I think I'll skip this one. With all the games in my backlog I don't usually find time for indie games. I have heard good things about hotline Miami, Dear Esther, and Thomas Was Alone. I've never heard of the rest of them. I still think The Humble Bundle charity stuff is a great idea. I just don't know when I would ever play any of these games.

I think I'll skip this one. With all the games in my backlog I don't usually find time for indie games. I have heard good things about hotline Miami, Dear Esther, and Thomas Was Alone. I've never heard of the rest of them. I still think The Humble Bundle charity stuff is a great idea. I just don't know when I would ever play any of these games.
Fair enough. I decided to pick them up (I got in right when $5 was the lowest you could go to get everything) because I figured it was a great price to get a bunch of games I figured I'd get around to in time, especially Dear Esther and Thomas was Alone, each of which are $10 normally.

Fair enough. I decided to pick them up (I got in right when $5 was the lowest you could go to get everything) because I figured it was a great price to get a bunch of games I figured I'd get around to in time, especially Dear Esther and Thomas was Alone, each of which are $10 normally.

Turns out I lied. I wanted to play Hotline Miami and I also had a little interest in Thomas Was Alone. Hotline Miami was also $10 by itself on steam. I bought the bundle for $6. The way I see it I got a good deal on Hotline Miami while giving money to charity at the same time. If I get any use out of the rest of the bundle I just see that as an added bonus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Turns out I lied. I wanted to play Hotline Miami and I also had a little interest in Thomas Was Alone. Hotline Miami was also $10 by itself on steam. I bought the bundle for $6. The way I see it I got a good deal on Hotline Miami while giving money to charity at the same time. If I get any use out of the rest of the bundle I just see that as an added bonus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Actually you could have gotten it for free if you had just waited.. Because I already owned H:M I basically had an extra Steam key and was going to give it out to whoever wanted it on here after I asked my Facebook friends, and it looks like no one on FB wants it..

Actually you could have gotten it for free if you had just waited.. Because I already owned H:M I basically had an extra Steam key and was going to give it out to whoever wanted it on here after I asked my Facebook friends, and it looks like no one on FB wants it..

ahhh now you tell me... Haha no I can't get too upset about paying $6 for 7 games. It wasn't even the price that had me questioning taking this offer. It was the fact that I will probably never even download, let alone play most of the games I just bought. I know I wanted to play H:M. I will probably give Thomas Was Alone and Dear Esther a shot even if I never finish them. I have never even heard of the other games listed but I will read up on them on IGN and see if they are worth my time.

ahhh now you tell me... Haha no I can't get too upset about paying $6 for 7 games. It wasn't even the price that had me questioning taking this offer. It was the fact that I will probably never even download, let alone play most of the games I just bought. I know I wanted to play H:M. I will probably give Thomas Was Alone and Dear Esther a shot even if I never finish them. I have never even heard of the other games listed but I will read up on them on IGN and see if they are worth my time.
Well now we're even for you not letting me get a referral bonus for us on Gamefly. ;p

Once again the Humble Bundle is having a sale. Their weekly sale now has a bunch of TellTale adventure games, with the bright spot being "The Walking Dead." This game has earned numerous accolades and it deserved every one of them, including one of my GOTY awards. You have to donate (at time of posting) $4.10 minimum to get it, but believe me it's worth well more than that, not to mention you get 7 other adventure games with it.

These bundles have been like crack for me lately. Good thing I found that old gift card to use on these, but honestly I think I've purchased at least 15 PC games with 1 $50 gift card. I think that's nearly impossible to do with console games.

Once again the Humble Bundle is having a sale. Their weekly sale now has a bunch of TellTale adventure games, with the bright spot being "The Walking Dead." This game has earned numerous accolades and it deserved every one of them, including one of my GOTY awards. You have to donate (at time of posting) $4.10 minimum to get it, but believe me it's worth well more than that, not to mention you get 7 other adventure games with it.

These bundles have been like crack for me lately. Good thing I found that old gift card to use on these, but honestly I think I've purchased at least 15 PC games with 1 $50 gift card. I think that's nearly impossible to do with console games.

I know I said this last time but I really am going to sit this one out. I have already played the Walking Dead and I loved it. I don't really have any interest in the rest of them. If you haven't played The Walking Dead this bundle is worth the $4 for that game alone.

Humble Bundle has my attention now. They are one of my bookmarked sites to check daily for new sales along with steam and green man gaming. For those that missed the Alan Wake humble bundle, Steam currently has it on sale. You can get just Alan Wake for $3 or the Alan Wake Collectors edition plus American Nightmare for $4.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15407/

With today's announcement, today would be a great day to sign up for PS Plus, for the many full retail games alone you'll be getting:

Sleeping Dogs (expires tomorrow, June 4)
Ratchet & Clank All 4 One (expires June 11)
inFamous 2 (expires June 11)
LittleBigPlanet 2 (expires June 11)
Vanquish

Coming in June:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (available June 4)
Saints Row The Third (available June 11)
Title TBA on June 10
Title TBA on June 10

Not to mention several decent PSN titles are available and another half dozen Vita games.

If you aren't familiar with how it works, for $49.99/year or $17.99 /three months, you can play any of the free games you put in your download queue as long as you are a PS Plus member. So in the case of Sleeping Dogs, you would need to sign up today, download it or put it in your download queue, and you'll have as long as you are a member to play it. If you wait until tomorrow, you'll miss it as it is being replaced by Deus Ex. There are of course many other benefits to PS Plus as well.

With today's announcement, today would be a great day to sign up for PS Plus, for the many full retail games alone you'll be getting:

Sleeping Dogs (expires tomorrow, June 4)
Ratchet & Clank All 4 One (expires June 11)
inFamous 2 (expires June 11)
LittleBigPlanet 2 (expires June 11)
Vanquish

Coming in June:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (available June 4)
Saints Row The Third (available June 11)
Title TBA on June 10
Title TBA on June 10

Not to mention several decent PSN titles are available and another half dozen Vita games.

If you aren't familiar with how it works, for $49.99/year or $17.99 /three months, you can play any of the free games you put in your download queue as long as you are a PS Plus member. So in the case of Sleeping Dogs, you would need to sign up today, download it or put it in your download queue, and you'll have as long as you are a member to play it. If you wait until tomorrow, you'll miss it as it is being replaced by Deus Ex. There are of course many other benefits to PS Plus as well.

Great! I have been meaning to get to both Saints Row the Third and Dues Ex for a while now. I have been browsing for good PC sales on them but being a PS Plus customer I will just wait to get them for free. I go to their web store on my computer a couple times a month and "purchase" all the free PS Plus games for my PS3 and Vita whether I want them or not. That way if I ever get an urge to play any of them they are in my downloads list to get whenever I want.

Microsoft changing XBox Live Gold plan

ps4 Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Latest posts