Video Game Deals

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/metro/

The Metro Redux bundle is on sale for $7.49. This is the remastered version of Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light. If you like story driven FPS games you really need to buy this. I'm about half way through Metro 2033 Spartan playthrough right now and it's one of the more atmospheric shooters I have played.

The Redux version has to multiple modes that make it worth playing more than once too. The survival mode is what the original version of Metro 2033 was. Ammo and filters are scarce and the game plays more like survival horror. The spartan mode applies the Last Light play style that provides more ammo and filters to make a more action focused experience. Then there is the ranger mode where resources are even more scarce and it takes a more realistic amount of damage to kill both you and the enemies.

All of these modes are available in both games. It's a really nice package for $7.49.
I think I'm going to jump on this. I don't see this getting any cheaper and I LOVE atmospheric FPS games. I feel like I'm one of the few people who actually liked Doom 3 because even though the action couldn't compare to the other games, I loved the dynamic of having to go around in dimly lit, creepy areas with the flashlight on and then having to quickly switch back if an enemy came up. And I just started up SOMA and WOW that game sucks you off in like nobody's business. I'm only about 30 minutes and it has a very Alien: Isolation feel to it, although given this is made by the same guys that made the Amnesia series, such is to be expected, like good dialog from Bioware games. Friendly reminder to have until 1pm to get SOMA at 50% off.

I think I'm going to jump on this. I don't see this getting any cheaper and I LOVE atmospheric FPS games. I feel like I'm one of the few people who actually liked Doom 3 because even though the action couldn't compare to the other games, I loved the dynamic of having to go around in dimly lit, creepy areas with the flashlight on and then having to quickly switch back if an enemy came up. And I just started up SOMA and WOW that game sucks you off in like nobody's business. I'm only about 30 minutes and it has a very Alien: Isolation feel to it, although given this is made by the same guys that made the Amnesia series, such is to be expected, like good dialog from Bioware games. Friendly reminder to have until 1pm to get SOMA at 50% off.

Yeah, I'm going to take advantage of that SOMA deal. I have heard lots of good things about it. I will most likely be playing with that wimp mod active though.

I'm playing with wuss mode as well. I don't care if it makes the game less survival horror. Nearly EVERY review I've read has mentioned that the "monster" sections are annoying because the stealth doesn't work well and they totally kill the mood. And the environment and setting make the game creepy enough IMO.

I'm playing with wuss mode as well. I don't care if it makes the game less survival horror. Nearly EVERY review I've read has mentioned that the "monster" sections are annoying because the stealth doesn't work well and they totally kill the mood. And the environment and setting make the game creepy enough IMO.

Yeah that was Giant Bomb's only real complaint with the game during their game of the year podcasts last year. They said that the best part of the game was exploring the creepy environment to see everything you can but the monsters felt like punishment for trying to do that.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/springsale_wbgames/

You can get the Arkham Knight Season pass for $9.99 in the Humble Store. This was originally a $40 season pass.

If you don't own the game yet you can also get the base game for $14.99 or the premium version (with season pass) for $24.99.

I know we trashed this game's PC port pretty strongly but I really believe it is worth buying at this price. The PC version is better now than it was at launch and it really is a very good game.

yourbeliefs put it at #1 on his GOTY list for 2015 which can be read here if you want. I also put it at #1 on my list which can be read here.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/springsale_wbgames/

You can get the Arkham Knight Season pass for $9.99 in the Humble Store. This was originally a $40 season pass.

If you don't own the game yet you can also get the base game for $14.99 or the premium version (with season pass) for $24.99.

I know we trashed this game's PC port pretty strongly but I really believe it is worth buying at this price. The PC version is better now than it was at launch and it really is a very good game.

yourbeliefs put it at #1 on his GOTY list for 2015 which can be read here if you want. I also put it at #1 on my list which can be read here.
$25 for the complete package is probably about what that game is worth. I hadn't even realized that they reduced the regular price to $30.

Just to clarify though (although I can understand how this mistake was made) I didn't rank Arkham Knight as my #1 GOTY. The games listed were simply the games I liked the most that year, and the order they were put on were inconsequential (actually in the first post ever in this thread I mentioned that they were listed in random order.) Gun to my head to pick one GOTY, I'd likely pick Tales from the Borderlands if for no other reason than it was technically competent (on PC anyways) and I didn't have the niggling feeling of being f-ed over in the back of my mind and regretting my preorder (even though I ended up getting the game for free when all was said and done.) Still, I stand by the notion that Arkham Knight is awesome in spite of all its technical inadequacies.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/metro/

The Metro Redux bundle is on sale for $7.49. This is the remastered version of Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light. If you like story driven FPS games you really need to buy this. I'm about half way through Metro 2033 Spartan playthrough right now and it's one of the more atmospheric shooters I have played.

The Redux version has to multiple modes that make it worth playing more than once too. The survival mode is what the original version of Metro 2033 was. Ammo and filters are scarce and the game plays more like survival horror. The spartan mode applies the Last Light play style that provides more ammo and filters to make a more action focused experience. Then there is the ranger mode where resources are even more scarce and it takes a more realistic amount of damage to kill both you and the enemies.

All of these modes are available in both games. It's a really nice package for $7.49.
This is also available on Amazon.
Amazon product ASIN B00KN7B338I bring this up because if you're a prime member and have been using free reward shipping (meaning you wait longer to get the package but get a digital credit in return) you can use those credits on this and nearly all software purchases. I did it on my Amazon and the price was reduced to less than $2
upload_2016-5-12_14-49-56.png

I just wish I had saw this deal before I did the purchase on Steam. Thank God for Refunds!

Nice. I typically use the free Prime 2 day shipping but I could take advantage of this on plenty of the stuff I order. I rent enough PPV movies from Amazon that I would always have something to spend the credits on.

GoG is having a sale on Publisher Nordic Games.

https://www.gog.com/promo/20160513_weekend_promo_nordic

There's quite a few games, but really, the only game you "need" is PAINKILLER for $2.49 (down from $10). I've harped about this game for years and will continue to do so until everyone acknowledges how fun it is. The video below should help, but keep in mind on any modern machine it'll run much smoother at 60 FPS.

Review:

I picked up the Mega Man Legacy Collection for 13.49 as I had $10 worth of coupons that needed to be spent.

Dang halo 5 and the mc collection are already down to $20? I really have to stop buying games when they first come out.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/birthday-bonanza/

So apparently it's Green Man Gaming's 6th birthday. To celebrate you can buy a Mystery Bundle for $0.06. This bundle will include 1 random game key. Can it really be called a bundle if it is one game?

I normally hate the idea of their Mystery Bundles but since it was only 6 cents I was going to give it a shot. It currently says out of stock when you get to the purchase page but according to their twitter account they are working on fixing that.

Microsoft changing XBox Live Gold plan

ps4 Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Latest posts