Video Game Deals

That's probably one of those games that is better with friends. Too bad I don't have a GPU.

Well you could always try it and see what happens. The experience won't be ideal but hell counter strike looked like sh*t for years and that was still fun as hell and was more popular than the measles.

I should also mention that the game is currently 75% off and will be from now until the end of the Steam sale. So you can get the game along with all the DLC for $12.49, or the base game for $5.

I'm really hoping they get desperate soon and start selling the whole band kits for $50. At that price I'd definitely jump in.

I'm not sure I would even at that price. It's a great price for a full band set but I'm not sure I want a bunch of plastic instruments to store in my house again. I haven't touched Guitar Hero live since about 2 weeks after I got it. I'm not sure it would be wise for me to go even deeper with that stuff.

I could see myself getting back into it, or at least as a more convenient way to do the occasional Rock Band night at my house. Right now my One is in my basement, and it's a pain to lug everything downstairs (my 360 and instruments along with no internet connection) so we don't wake up the kids at night. Newer, wireless instruments at a heavily discounted price and online connectivity would be a small price to pay for the slightly smaller song list (stuff that still can't be imported.) Like I said though, I need a $50 offering or nothing. And it will be very satisfying to get that whole package at 80% off the asking price.

Wow. I'm surprised to see them match the $35.99 price Doom is going for in the Steam sale right now. It was surprising to see that price so quickly even on Steam and the console digital storefronts usually lag pretty far behind them when it comes to sale pricing.

Basically everyone who has played Doom raves about how good it is but seeing it at 40% off so quickly after release makes me wonder how well it has been selling.

Well according to Wikipedia, the game doesn't seem to be doing THAT bad..

The game was the second best-selling retail game in its week of release in the UK, behind Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.[81] This was reported to be 67 percent more in its first week than the previous entry Doom 3.[82] On May 31, 2016, the game's sales were reported to have reached 500,000 copies sold for PCs.[83] It was the second best-selling retail video game in the US in May 2016.[84] The following month, by late June 2016 the game rose to number one in the UK charts, overtakingUncharted 4 and the later released Overwatch[85] and remained number one for a second week.[86]

Well according to Wikipedia, the game doesn't seem to be doing THAT bad..

The game was the second best-selling retail game in its week of release in the UK, behind Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.[81] This was reported to be 67 percent more in its first week than the previous entry Doom 3.[82] On May 31, 2016, the game's sales were reported to have reached 500,000 copies sold for PCs.[83] It was the second best-selling retail video game in the US in May 2016.[84] The following month, by late June 2016 the game rose to number one in the UK charts, overtakingUncharted 4 and the later released Overwatch[85] and remained number one for a second week.[86]

I'm glad to hear it's doing well. I want Bethesda to do well with games like Wolfenstein and Doom so they make more of them. It just seems odd to sell it for $35.99 so quickly if it was selling well at $59.99. Maybe they were seeing a drop off and realized that most people who were going to spend $60 on it already had. In that case it would be smart to put it at a good sale price get those units moving again.

It seems to be working since only GTA V is outselling it during the Steam summer sale. At this point the way GTA V is selling is starting to get ridiculous. It came out in September 2013 on PS3/360 and it's still outselling everything else on Steam in June 2016.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=topsellers&os=win

It amazes me that GTA V is still doing so well. I swore that I wouldn't jump on that until it got to 50% off on PC, but given how well it's still selling and all the money GTA:O is making, I can understand why they still won't put it past 40%.

It amazes me that GTA V is still doing so well. I swore that I wouldn't jump on that until it got to 50% off on PC, but given how well it's still selling and all the money GTA:O is making, I can understand why they still won't put it past 40%.

You still havent played GTA V???? wow. They constantly update the online portion with new and exciting content so it keeps everyone coming back to play. I think thats the biggest reason why it stays popular.

Microsoft changing XBox Live Gold plan

ps4 Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Latest posts