OTHER Vigica c90 DVBs2 Quad CPU Android (USALS Issue)

I would NOT use this as a Main STB. Its too quirky, and the TimeShift doesn't work right. I agree with much of what Titanium posted.

Ps. It's more stable, reliable, and usable than another STB i bought months back for twice the money... That was an AZ(haaa chooo) ...:tombstone

Titanium said:
... The C90S is sitting on the shelf until new firmware is released. ....
I know the feeling. If you want to get rid of it I would be happy to trade my Amiko Mini HD SE (the one I bought from you) for it . Still have the box, manual, remote, etc.

I have dozens of different STBs on the shelf. Many are factory samples, but others like the C90S are in production. I may pull them down occasionally to update to a new firmware release or to answer a question for someone.

At this point, you definitely have the better STB with the mini HD SE. Maybe the C90S might become a daily driver, but wouldn't recommend it, yet. :)

Reactions: fred555
The C90S looks quite impressive after seeing a couple of video reviews on YouTube. Seems like a very capable and versatile device and it will be a lot of fun to experiment with.

The first review here by 'Convictech' is the best. (Part 1 of his review was in Russian and just showed the unboxing).

To clarify my post, the hardware has great potential. Maybe this potential would be realized by loading a different operating system, rooting, exploring and coding.

For a general North American buyer who wants to pull a receiver out of the packaging and use it.... It would be a frustrating experience as delivered.

To follow-up on earlier posts, the DiSEqC 1.2 motor control does not play well. There are some command control implementation problems with step and continuous move. I got it to work well with the ASC1 controller as the C90S "Save" function works. I used the ASC1 to position the actuator then saved with the C90S. Didn't test with switches, but my impression is that it is currently best used as a fixed satellite STB.

Has anyone tested DiSEqC 1.0 and 1.1 single and cascading switch control?

Last edited:
I would NOT use this as a Main STB. Its too quirky, and the TimeShift doesn't work right. I agree with much of what Titanium posted.

Ps. It's more stable, reliable, and usable than another STB i bought months back for twice the money... That was an AZ(haaa chooo) ...:tombstone

I agree - I have found it very stable. So far it doesn't have any show stoppers for me and maybe Vigica just may fix the quirks. I don't expect them to though, since everyone just drops it and releases a new model.

Reactions: N6BY
If I get some time I'll play with the Diseqc motor functionality - I normally only use USALS. I am using a 4x1 switch with 3 LNBs (1 is dual so I plugged in both) and I have had no problems with switching. With the Lat adjusted to +15deg, the USALS is working perfectly. It has done a couple random reboots (never while recording), but I'd be more critical of it if it didn't boot up so fast.

If I get some time I'll play with the Diseqc motor functionality - I normally only use USALS. I am using a 4x1 switch with 3 LNBs (1 is dual so I plugged in both) and I have had no problems with switching. With the Lat adjusted to +15deg, the USALS is working perfectly. It has done a couple random reboots (never while recording), but I'd be more critical of it if it didn't boot up so fast.

How are you recording?

I haven't set anything to record - just recording programs manually. From what I can see the sat time, even though you can set the time in the DTV settings, it still grabs the time from the current satellite - which is STUPID. This is a typical "feature" and one that confuses me why this is so common.

I haven't set anything to record - just recording programs manually. From what I can see the sat time, even though you can set the time in the DTV settings, it still grabs the time from the current satellite - which is STUPID. This is a typical "feature" and one that confuses me why this is so common.

How are you starting a manual record.. There is no record button....

The PVR button on the remote will record based on the Recording settings.
Go to DTV preference, PVR settings, Record Length - I changed mine to User-Defined.
Now when I press the PVR button I can type in the length to record - like 300 minutes or something.

Did anyone install the latest firmware with this? I'm thinking of moving this C90 to the basement. I'm wondering if any of the quarks have been resolved?

I still use my Vigica C90S every day, but as android media player only. I don't use it as a satellite box. I don't see any updates on the Vigica website since mid 2015. It has been an awesome android box, way more reliable than any other (particularly better than the A3), but cannot do any Diseqc motor commands. I'd make it a KODI/Netflix/YouTube box and retire it from FTA. I bought a Vigica airmouse on Ebay and that made it even better for a media player.

Well, my Son uses it daily as an FTA box and as a media player. But, the player doesn't play the newer and growing more popular h.265 - I recently bought a h.265 kodi player for $25.00 including shipping and the darn thing is top notch. This is why I'm downgrading it to the basement. I don't have to upgrade the unit, but since i was going to be moving it , i thought i would at least inquire if any of the quarks had been resolved. - Timeshift being the big one.

It used to issue USALS commands. But, over the summer, i installed fixed dishes for all my KU signals. So, now, it only utilizes Diseqc 2.0 and 2.1 commands and it works just fine for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)