OTHER Vigica C90s - some general observations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pacificrim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
West Coast Canada
So with about 10 days of playing with this thing - here are a couple observations of the Vigica C90S Android DVB-S2 box.

The USALS operation of the box is inaccurate, at least for the western hemisphere. I randomly added 15 degrees to my Latitude and it is now correct.

The included satellite list is eastern sats only. Adding sats is pretty easy - easier with a wireless keyboard and mouse plugged in. There is a glitch where if you edit a satellite, rename it, change it to West, exit, and later re-edit it - the sat will revert to "East" even though you didn't touch the West setting. Changing it to "East", then back to "West" corrects it.

The signal quality is generally accurate (relatively), but sometimes exaggerated. Like 99% Quality.

If you are recording something and switch to Android mode, it stops recording. Kinda sucks. Not sure if other Android boxes let you record satellite while watching Netflix or not.

If you are watching a channel that no longer exists - (the game ended, the concert of last night, etc) the message is just as likely to say "Motor Moving" as opposed to "No Signal".

The info button will display channel / transponder info but not audio / video type or bit rate. I'd like to know if there is a way to see that info somewhere.

Overall this thing is a bargain at $100US, has been really stable and the bugs are minor. I'm not sure how much I will want to record stuff while watching Netflix. That could be a pain, but so far not much of one.

Reactions: N6BY
A couple more updates on the Vigica C90S:
The digital audio out doesn't seem to work. The Analog probably does but it didn't come with an AV cable and the ones I have (including the MicroHD cable) only result in Left audio.
The other thing that doesn't work is the "Antenna Out" - the IF output shows as dead.

Are you getting audio on most of the satellite channels? I have a similar box that came out a while back and I am not getting audio on a lot of the fta channels. Other than that the box works fairly well.

Audio through HDMI is perfect. I can't get audio through the digital coax and only 1 channel of the analog audio, but it didn't come with the analog rca wires, so I've tried various ones I had and the best I could come up with was only 1 audio side.

I picked up a few coaxial audio cables when Radioshack closed up here. I haven't been able to test any of that yet but so far it seems no ac3 with the gk526 receiver.

I'd like to have the digital and analog audio output working. Anyone have theirs working? I tried changing audio output in the settings, but digital coaxial output doesn't seem to work. The analog probably works, but the correct cable is key I guess, since I don't apparently have any A/V wires that work with the C90S.

Guys not sure if I am high jacking this thread, if so feel free t delete, my question is, does the vigils c90s works well with diseq motors and c band actuators?

So DiSEqC commands are not properly issued either? Say to control a vbox or ASC-1.

Reactions: Vondertrenk
No, you can position and save satellite positions with a controller box as with other STBS. The C90S has issues with communicating with controllers to manually move the actuator East/West, but it can assign and save a DiSEqC 1.2 motor position number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts