VIP-612 Movie Pass Software upgrade!

Balsar

Original poster
Oct 30, 2011
California
We have three VIP 612 receivers. One of those receivers downloaded the new Movie Pass software, version L643, sometime early week of Oct 23. 2011.

Our other two receivers still are operating on software version L642. No matter how hard we try will not upgrade to the new software. The new software provide the option of accessing the Movie Pass streaming video.

I have been on Tech Support Chat twice. The first time she told me it was simple, just unplug the receiver for 15 seconds and it will upgrade automatically when you plug it back in. Yeah that didn't work. So I accessed Dish's Tech Chat again... "hey whats the deal how do I upgrade"? The tech started to give me the same instructions the first tech gave me before I curtly told them... that dosen't work lets try something else! That must have frightened her because she transferred me to an "ADVANCE Tech support person... and he started instructing me to just reset my receivers...again. When I informed him that didn't work and hadn't worked three previous times...he had nothing else to offer...and apologized.

I sent a query to Dishnetwork email support yesterday but it remains unanswered. Anybody have any idea what I can try next... to get my receivers to upgrade to the new software?

We have three VIP 612 receivers. One of those receivers downloaded the new Movie Pass software, version L643, sometime early week of Oct 23. 2011.

Our other two receivers still are operating on software version L642. No matter how hard we try will not upgrade to the new software. The new software provide the option of accessing the Movie Pass streaming video.

I have been on Tech Support Chat twice. The first time she told me it was simple, just unplug the receiver for 15 seconds and it will upgrade automatically when you plug it back in. Yeah that didn't work. So I accessed Dish's Tech Chat again... "hey whats the deal how do I upgrade"? The tech started to give me the same instructions the first tech gave me before I curtly told them... that dosen't work lets try something else! That must have frightened her because she transferred me to an "ADVANCE Tech support person... and he started instructing me to just reset my receivers...again. When I informed him that didn't work and hadn't worked three previous times...he had nothing else to offer...and apologized.

I sent a query to Dishnetwork email support yesterday but it remains unanswered. Anybody have any idea what I can try next... to get my receivers to upgrade to the new software?
Upgrades are spooled out in batches over a period of time. Luckily, your one receiver was in an early spool. The other two will have to wait their turn. There is no forcing an upgrade.

KAB is correct. There is no way to force an update to come through on a receiver until it becomes available. Once it is available, your receivers will automatically update at the time you have set. The default setting for downloading upgrades is 3am.

In the meantime, you can still download (and start watching almost immediately) on L642. I know; I've done it; same content as there will be when you get L643 (which BTW I got on my two 612's last Thursday). Crappier interface, but it works!

Our 612 just got the upgrade. I have to say I'm really disappointed with the movies available for streaming. There are few I've even heard of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)