Vip 612: Needs professional install??

JerseyGuy

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
When I go to the Dishin' it up screen to see what I can upgrade to the 622 and the 722 have option just to be shipped (costing $50 less) but the 612 doesn't. Any reason a 612 would need to be professionally installed?

612 has two tuners in it. if you do not have a dish pro plus lnb of dishproplus switch, then you cannot use a dpp seperator for it. it would require a second line to be ran from the current lnb/switch. it would not be a plug and play install in many cases. having the tech come out for professional install insures that the dvr will be functioning correctly.

612 has two tuners in it. if you do not have a dish pro plus lnb of dishproplus switch, then you cannot use a dpp seperator for it. it would require a second line to be ran from the current lnb/switch. it would not be a plug and play install in many cases. having the tech come out for professional install insures that the dvr will be functioning correctly.

The thing is the 622 and 722 are also dual tuner units so they would also have the need of either a DPP switch/LNBF or another line already run from the existing switch/lnbf. Not sure why the 612 would need the professional install although by all accounts from what I've heard the 722 is more highly regarded than the 612. Seems that the only reason people get it is so that they don't have to worry about hooking up the 722/622 to ethernet or a phone line.

if you have a 222 and want to replace it with a 722, yeah you can have it shipped. its plug and play. no change in orbital requirements, no change in cabling.

as for 612 over 722, phoneline is a benefit as well as leased tuner limit requirements. 612 only counts as one tuner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)