ViP 922 Technician Install - $95

You all are speaking of the Service plan, old DHPP. 95 to have a tech come out without it, 15 with it, nothings changed. If you had dhpp prior to switch over and have service plan now there is no cancel fee, if you add it on, 25 dollar fee, no matter if it's 30 days or whatever.

Forget it Dish. Too expensive. Will wait for price to come down or just forget it altogether and have a sling with a 622/722/k

Dish said something about no $25 cancellation fee the first time you get it but if you get it again they would charge you $25 cancellation fee the second time.

If you had dhpp when it was changed to service plan you will not have the fee. If you add service plan now, you will.

I had a CSR in a chat tell me yesterday that Dish would no longer ship any HD receiver--that they must install HD receivers because they are too fragile. Anyone else have this experience?

I had a CSR in a chat tell me yesterday that Dish would no longer ship any HD receiver--that they must install HD receivers because they are too fragile. Anyone else have this experience?

That is a BS excuse. They ship them to the retailers (how else would they arrive...stagecoach?). They (E*) just want to make sure they are installed correctly to cut down on trouble calls later.

They (E*) just want to make sure they are installed correctly to cut down on trouble calls later.
That is part of it the other part is they want to make sure the customers current setup will work with the 922 (or vice versa) :) If there is something in the system that is wrong (for example there is only 1 satellite feed to where the 922 is going) then DISH will upgrade the customer to DISHPRo Plus technology...

Stuff like that...

Remembeer us SatelliteGuys are hard core customers with the latest and greatest equipment. Most customers are not like us, so for these folks the $95 fee might be worth it to them. :)

That is part of it the other part is they want to make sure the customers current setup will work with the 922 (or vice versa) :) If there is something in the system that is wrong (for example there is only 1 satellite feed to where the 922 is going) then DISH will upgrade the customer to DISHPRo Plus technology...

Stuff like that...

Remembeer us SatelliteGuys are hard core customers with the latest and greatest equipment. Most customers are not like us, so for these folks the $95 fee might be worth it to them. :)

Do I have to pay this $95 fee if I'm a new customer? I think the initial install is free, just want to make sure.

BTW, Great site...lots of good info. :)

Do I have to pay this $95 fee if I'm a new customer? I think the initial install is free, just want to make sure.

First, welcome to satelliteguys!

Second, no. If you are a new customer and are getting the 922 to start service it is all included in your installation.

:welcome
No, the $95 charge is what some existing customers are being charged to have a tech go out and upgrade their system and install their 922. Your a new customer and everything is included in your setup. :D

Since you are replacing the 622, you will only see your bill go up $4 for the DVR fee.

This is not what I was told by a certain person at the executive offices. Even though this would be my only receiver DVR fee would increase to 10 and I would still have to pay the 17.00 lease fee because it is sling loaded.

Emailed CEO to ask if they'll override the tech visit. They did last time when I upgraded to VIP722. No answer back yet, but it would be a deciding factor for me.

My 722 randomly reboots each day. I'd pay the 200$ upgrade, but I figure it shouldn't be any different to them if they send me a 922 replacement or a 722. I've never tech called in 7+ years.

Emailed CEO to ask if they'll override the tech visit. They did last time when I upgraded to VIP722. No answer back yet, but it would be a deciding factor for me.

My 722 randomly reboots each day. I'd pay the 200$ upgrade, but I figure it shouldn't be any different to them if they send me a 922 replacement or a 722. I've never tech called in 7+ years.

Cool so you basically want to trade your 1999 ford for a 2011 ford:up. The 722 is way cheaper then a 922.

Cool so you basically want to trade your 1999 ford for a 2011 ford:up. The 722 is way cheaper then a 922.

I think you missed his point. I read that as he wanted to self install and just didn't want the installer to have to come out (and pay the $95).

Way cheaper? I only have one DVR. Basically I'm aiming to trade out an original 722 for a 922 for 200$ one-time and 4$ a month more. I don't view this as a bad deal.

I think you missed his point. I read that as he wanted to self install and just didn't want the installer to have to come out (and pay the $95).

Correct. Last time they let me do this when I upgraded to HD (2xVIP211 1xVIP722) a few years ago. I can't see why they'd not let me do it for a 922.

Correct. Last time they let me do this when I upgraded to HD (2xVIP211 1xVIP722) a few years ago. I can't see why they'd not let me do it for a 922.

It is silly when all you are doing is swaping receivers. $95 is steep for disconnecting and then reconnecting a couple cables.

It is silly when all you are doing is swaping receivers. $95 is steep for disconnecting and then reconnecting a couple cables.

Right. Also the fact I'm never here during their installer's hours anyway, which was my point to them last time. They were pretty cool about it.

They've misplaced my email before so I will send them another one on Monday if I don't hear anything back.

Dish Exec Relations called me yesterday, said I was out of luck and I would have to take the technician visit if I wanted a 922. They didn't seem to care much that I wouldn't need a tech visit to subscribe to cable or that I'm not home during business hours.

I'd just buy a damned 922 if they gave me a discount for doing so, but it seems they're instead interested in making things as difficult as possible, even though I already have a 722 and it'd be a drop in replacement.

They 'may revisit this policy later' but 'if they do it for me, they have to do it for everyone'. Maybe that's kind of the point, they SHOULD do it for everyone. I'd give them the 200 bucks and the extra 4$/mo, not like I'm trying to get out of that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)