VIP622 for $199 starting 6/9/06

I will have to call my local Dish retailer tomorrow. They are the ones that I set everything up with last year so I will go through them again and see what they say.

And it may be for some, I just wanted people to know the deal that I got.

Here's the details of my situation:
I am an existing customer with a
Leased 942/811 (for about a year)
AT180 w locals and 2 movie pack (HBO & SHO)
Dish HD package and Voom

I upgraded my 942 to a 622 and went with the HD Gold pack (with HBO and SHO)

The CSR said that it would be $199 for the 622 and I would get a $100 credit when they received my 942 back. So my net out of pocket is $99 - same as before. But now I'll just have a $199 charge on my credit card versus a $299 charge (previous deal).

So certain customers may be getting a 0$ net deal. I just wanted to post my experience just in case someone is in the same boat. I know that with Dish you have to be very specific about your individual situation as everyone's deal seems to be different.

FWIW I am happy with the $99 deal - I was going to do it anyway pretty soon. It just so happens that one of the tuners in my 942 died and I decided to go ahead and upgrade with a 622 (instead of getting a replacement 942 then upgrading in a couple of months). The only reason I was waiting is I wanted to see that they got a handle on the HDMI output problem first (as I use HDMI).

It turns out I jinxed it by making the statement that my 942 had been working flawlessly for a year... :p I should know by now not to tempt fate!

Well that stinks. Just last week they were offering a 622 for $199 with a $200 credit for a returned leased 942. Net cost=$0. I don't see how this is a better deal. . .

You can still get it back in credits if you count those.

$199 upfront upgrade fee

$100 credit for returning a 942 or 921

$10 credits for 10 months for upgrade to at least dish hd bronze

Ok, so if I am readin g this correctly if I return my leased 942 I will get te $100 credit for the box and then I will also get $10 credit each month for 10 months to make up for the additional $100? Thats a fine deal...if thats really what the deal is. Can anyone else confirm if this is what they are offering as we seem to have conflicting stories.

That is still a worse deal than they have been offering. Before it was an instant $200 credit for a returned 942. Not $10/month.

I think people are CRAZY to let their 942/921 receivers go for $100. They are going for a bit more than that. You can get more than that out of one if you sold it on here or on ebay. Heck I would buy them for $100 anyday and I am sure a lot of other members on here would as well. A lot would probably pay $200 for them.

Stargazer said:
I think people are CRAZY to let their 942/921 receivers go for $100. They are going for a bit more than that. You can get more than that out of one if you sold it on here or on ebay. Heck I would buy them for $100 anyday and I am sure a lot of other members on here would as well. A lot would probably pay $200 for them.

They are still selling for $285 and up on EBAY

I agree Stargazer if they are selling their owned receivers to Dish..go the eBay route. However, if leasing a 942, and you can get the new receiver for $199 minus $99 rebate, PLUS the new "HD Bonus" rebate of $10/month for 10 months, that's not too bad.

However I've posted this b4 but don't think I ever received the answer - if you have ONLY a 622 on your account, is there a receiver lease fee? Or just the DVR free (if you don't have every @#$ channel pack)?

luckycat said:
However I've posted this b4 but don't think I ever received the answer - if you have ONLY a 622 on your account, is there a receiver lease fee?

Yes

For new customers leasing a 622 here's how your bill will look, assuming you go with the lowest level package to get the $20 per month credit (Dish Bronze HD):

Upfront costs:

$199.99 -- lump sum payment for 622

(There is also a $49 installation charge/set up fee but it will be credited back on your first bill if you sign up for 18 month commitment-- and sticking around for at least 18 months probably makes sense if you are going to pay a non-refundable $199 to lease the 622.)

Monthly fees to start:

Bronze HD = $49.99

Monthly credit x 10 months = $20

DVR Fee = $5.98

Starz for 3 months = $0

(There is no outlet fee of $5 per month if your 622 is hooked up to a telephone landline.)

So assuming you sign up for Starz but no locals, your initial monthly cost is $35.97

After three months, you can dump Starz or keep it and pay the extra ($12?) per month.

After ten months, your $20 credit per month expires and you are paying $60.97 per month, assuming no premiums.

Bottom line: $199.99 up front and $35.97 per month to start

PS: If you can hook up with somebody with a Clubdish card, then you can save an extra $50 up front, making it $150 up front cost total

Last edited:
Lease fee for 622

There Is No Lease Fee For 622 Other Than The 5.98 Dvr Fee If You Keep The Receiver Connected To A Phone Line, If It Is The Only Or Main Receiver Connected.

pabisc said:
There Is No Lease Fee For 622 Other Than The 5.98 Dvr Fee If You Keep The Receiver Connected To A Phone Line, If It Is The Only Or Main Receiver Connected.

There is if you're an existing customer. New subs don't have to pay the lease fee for the first receiver. That's what CSR #3 on friday told me.

New subs have to pay the $199.99 lease upgrade fee plus the $5.98 per month DVR fee if they have the landline connected to the 622.

If you don't have the landline connection, you pay an extra $5.00 per month on top of the above.

pabisc said:

So if I trash my current 6000U and DVR510 units and get this 622, it comes for free (apart from the monthly DVR fee)? I doubt it, not even with a year of commitment...

Hmm, I was just wondering if the "30 day grace period" also exists for EXISTING customers who have recently signed up for the 622 deal. I signed up before the promotion, so I paid $299 for the box, but can I still cancel since I'm within 30 days without any penalty? I know for a fact that new customers can do this, at least with the current promotion.

Multi-Sport Package

Once more with feeling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts