Vip622 Revision Numbers

S5687

Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
I just upgraded to the ViP622 from the 625 yesterday. I got a Revision A receiver.
Does that mean it is an old or refurbished receiver ?

It is Day 2 and I am not getting any audio on TV2 - just the loud audio popping reported in some of the other threads. I am also getting audio drops and jitter on the OTA signals on TV1 also. Scanning through the other threads I am not able to locate any summaries of problems based on revisions of the receiver.

Can anyone shed light on whether the later revisions fix some of the problems with the earlier revisions? What is the latest revision receiver out there? Should I be asking them to replace my revision A with a later version receiver?

MY software version is L365 - Any consensus on whether any of the later versions of the software are any better?

Would appreciate any input.

Since they're up to rev F or G (I think I've got an F), safe to say you got a refurb unit...

The idea from a manufacturing standpoint is that the hardware differences between revs shouldn't themselves introduce problems, at least ones that can't be dealt with via software. A change in revs might mean they modified the HDD mounting bracket, for example. As for "asking" them to replace it, you can be certain that the tech support or warehouse/shipping people either no nothing about the hardware rev or pay it no attention. You can complain about problems to the point of them agreeing to swap your box, but you'll get the next one in the stack when it comes time to get your replacement shipped. You can ask the tech to put "supply rev F or later" on the sheet, but the guy/girl in the warehouse reads the line that says

Qty (1), ViP622

and where to ship it.

Software L3.65 is the latest. You need to understand, you don't have any control over the s/w version on the box. You can't downgrade or upgrade it as you want. When Dish decides your box needs the next s/w release, it WILL get it short of you disconnecting the box from the SAT feed.

As a follow-up to my previous post, I said the difference in hardware shouldn't introduce problems but given the number of people who have problem "A" and the number of people who've NEVER seen problem "A" take place, you have to wonder if it only affects certain rev hardware. Very rarely does that level of diagnosis take place here though.... It would in fact be helpful to Dish too. I suspect more people complain here but NEVER let Dish know. If a large # of people posted here that "I have 'this' problem at least 5 times a day. My box's h/w rev is "X".", Dish could use that.

Back in November 2006 I posted the similar question when I got my first 622 and it came labeled as revision "K". I am not really sure if these letters represent anything of major importance. It is true that since I got it I never experienced any issues other users listed in these forums (running hot, HDMI issues, reboots...) maybe I got newer version or maybe I am just (up to now) lucky...:D
</IMG>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts