ViP622 Satellite 129 Tp 30 Problems in CA

LG811User

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
I have a ViP622. Dish 500 for 110/119. Dish 300 for 129.
I get signal of 70+ for all Transponders on the 129 satellite *but* every time I tune to the 3 channels on Transponder 30 (Rave, HDNews, KungFu), I get "Check Switch". I run Check Switch and everything checks out, I look at Point Dish and I am at 70+ signal strength.

Any ideas?

I live on Oregon, this problem has been occurring since this morning I noticed it while watching Rave. When I checked the signal strength on this TP it was running up and down like a rollercoaster. At times the signal would drop below 40

Last edited by a moderator:
Echo Star 129 West

I also live on the Oregon coast and this is an on going problem since getting a VIP 211 receiver and a dish 500 installed. E says they know about the problem but apparently is unable to correct it.
zoom zoom Zimmerman

I changed grounds, tweaked the dish, removed switches etc.
Today I replaced the LNBF. No difference.

This weekend I will be swinging my dish over to 61.5 (where, oddly enough, I had it 5 years ago, until they put CBSHD-W on 148). This dish went 61.5->148->129 and now it will go back to 61.5

Well, I can no longer see 61.5 due to trees that have grown since last I had a dish there.

I'm back on 129 with the same problem.

Signal strength at 70+ on TP30 but "check switch" every time I switch to a TP30 channel (Rave, HDNews, KungFu, etc).

I'd love to hear any ideas. I know 129 is infamous for poor signal strength. What doesn't make sense to me is how I can have good signal strength but still get nothing.

I have customers having the same problem with Tp 30 on 129. They have all called DISH and told them about the problem and everytime DISH says that the DISH needs repeaked. So I put this together and going to track what the strengths are and send it to DISH. I'm tired of this BS. DISH has no clue.

Attachments

• Dish 1000 sig.xls
    20.5 KB · Views: 300
RandallA said:
There's nothing wrong with your equipment. It's the POS they have at 129. Swing your dish to 61.5 like you said and you'll be fine.
Does 61.5 mirror 129? I thought you needed 129 for some of the newer HD channels.

I am scheduled for a 622 installation on Saturday and I am thinking I should leave the dish currently pointed at 61.5 alone if all the 129 channels are mirrored on 61.5. But I don't want to lose any channels -- that is the main reason I am upgrading to the 622.

Does 61.5 mirror 129? I thought you needed 129 for some of the newer HD channels.
Yes, and yes - for some HD LiL where available.

Remember everybody - 129 is NOT an option for the northeast, they all use 61.5, so those of us in the good part of the country (flyover land) have a choice. :)

SimpleSimon said:
Yes, and yes - for some HD LiL where available.

Remember everybody - 129 is NOT an option for the northeast, they all use 61.5, so those of us in the good part of the country (flyover land) have a choice. :)

Sure, but I'm in California :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)