ViP722k (TV2 on lag time)?

tedb3rd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Rome, Georgia, United States
I've noticed lately that if I try to turn on (aka wake up) TV2 when TV1 is off (aka asleep), sometimes it takes upwards of 15-30 seconds to get video, audio, and the remote to function. Sometimes the banner comes up with info and eventually the picture comes up. The first few times I was convinced the receiver had simply locked up and about the time I went to hit reset it would start to work. I've had the receiver for a while and never experienced this.

I've also tried disconnecting the EHD, thinking that it could have something to do with that 'going to sleep' when it's not being used but that does not seem to be a factor.

And on some occasions it DOES lock up and forces itself to reboot and go through the whole download program guide garbage (grrrrr)...

Anybody else experiencing this from time-to-time or am I the lone ranger out here?

--Ted

Funny that you say that for TV2 ... I've had it happen with TV1 ... via HDMI ... turn on the set.. then turn on the box ... or vice versa and the TV's up and ready while the box seems to just be thinking... once I've actually gotten the "Starting Up" screen. Its also at these times I've noticed that the receiver in general seems sluggish... (opening guide, wait wait wait, press page up, wait wait wait) and when that happens and I'm annoyed enough I just yank the power cord.. let it die, let it reaquire and then I'm happy... not only did the performance improve.. but I got a little anger out while pulling the cord.. YOU !!@#!)#(*& Reciver you! LOL... :)

my 722k is 3 months old today... gotta bake a cake or something.. 3 months and so many glitches learned ... my 625's were *way* more stable ... once the hard drives stopped dying. LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)