VIP922 BOX

Petch DE

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 19, 2012
USA
Question, I want to sign with Dish... But here are my problems..

Dish only have my locals in SD (Ugh), I have an antenna so i can get them in HD but the Hopper doesn't have an OTA Module.

I asked if i sign today could i have an VIP922 as i like the black screen guide (Like i have with direct right now), They told me i would have to pay $200 for one..

As a former Dish customer (Good Bill Payer) i was told no they won't give me one but i should go for the 722, I don't want one of those but i was being pushed into a 722 or a Hopper when it's no good for my needs..

Are there any Dirt people on here who could help me come back to Dish?

I've people on these forums who have got one for free, So why can't i?

Help!!!!! :confused:

Question, I want to sign with Dish... But here are my problems..

Dish only have my locals in SD (Ugh), I have an antenna so i can get them in HD but the Hopper doesn't have an OTA Module.

I asked if i sign today could i have an VIP922 as i like the black screen guide (Like i have with direct right now), They told me i would have to pay $200 for one..

As a former Dish customer (Good Bill Payer) i was told no they won't give me one but i should go for the 722, I don't want one of those but i was being pushed into a 722 or a Hopper when it's no good for my needs..

Are there any Dirt people on here who could help me come back to Dish?

I've people on these forums who have got one for free, So why can't i?

Help!!!!! :confused:

Hi, can you please send me your account information from the previous account so I can review it? The ViP922 is normally a $200.00 upgrade fee for new customers but existing customers can qualify for the free upgrade. Doing a 922 now will give you HD on one TV, if you go with the Hopper it would give HD on more TV's. Are you able to run the OTA through your TV instead of the receiver until the OTA option becomes available on the Hopper. Upgrading later to a Hopper will incur a charge so we should consider all possibilities and make sure that you have all the information to determine which will meet your needs. Thank you!

There are murmurings that the ViP922 is being phased out.

In about two months it will be clearer what capabilities the Hopper will have. Read up- there are some great features coming and some great apps. You don't want to make a hasty decision that you might regret later.

The 922 and the Hopper can't be used on the same account. If you want a Hopper show a little patience keep your Directv a little longer.

There are murmurings that the ViP922 is being phased out.

In about two months it will be clearer what capabilities the Hopper will have. Read up- there are some great features coming and some great apps. You don't want to make a hasty decision that you might regret later.

Sorry we are a little shorthanded here today and I am on Facebook duty!! Bear with me please as I am looking into options for you now. Thanks!

If I were in your shoes I would go with the Hopper and use OTA directly to your TV until the Hopper's OTA module comes out "later" this summer. You would have to switch inputs to view locals - but they would be there in HD and would only be a temp solution. The Hopper is a better DVR than either the 722 or the 922 and gets better with each new software update. Getting a 922 at this point is like booking a ticket on the Titanic.

Absolutely. Great way of putting it.

With all the negativeness, I personally think the Vip922 is a great receiver. The OTA Tuner works very well. Here are the limitations.
2 Tuners
1 HD
1 SD but the SD has correct Screen proportion.

Positives.
Can be combined with other Vip Receivers on the same account. I'm not willing to move equipment around to the Hopper/Joey.

Note: Dish has started to offer vip922's again so it may not be phased out so soon after all. They might as well put down the Vip722 as the code base is totally different on the 722.

No sound from DLNA streaming of MP3 on Joey

Hopper Joey Question?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)