Visiting Major League ballparks

How many major league parks have you been to for baseball games (no other sport)

• 1-3

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • 4-6

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • 7-9

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • 10+

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well I have been to 4...

Wrigley Field
Tiger Stadium
Comerica Park
Coors Field

Tiger Stadium by far was the best.

The only good thing about Comerica Park is that I got season Tickets in the Tiger Den with extra wide padded seats in a covered area, and it does make it enjoyable to watch a game. Other than that everything else about the place sucks.

You don't like ANYTHING about Comerica park ? (other than your seats).

Extinct Parks

1. Veteran's
2. 3 Rivers
3. Yankee
4. Shea
5. Memorial

Still Standing

6. Fenway
7. Citi
8. New Yankee
9. Camden Yards
10. PNC Park
11. Nationals
12. Citizens Bank
13. Roger's Centre
14. Progressive

Old Detroit Stadium (1982) watta dump it was, not impressed.
You seem to be in the minority since most baseball fans loved Tiger Stadium...not just Detroiters. Unless you were stuck behind a support beam or overhang, there weren't many bad seats in the old ballpark; fans were literally right on top of the game. In all fairness, the facilities at Tiger Stadium weren't like today's ballparks (some men just couldn't pee in a trough)...in fact, they were quite poor prior to several stadium renovations and improvements during the 80s and 90s. Even then they weren't much better. However, a visit to Tiger Stadium was all about the game of baseball and not how nice the gift shop was or if they has a food court and sky boxes.

You don't like ANYTHING about Comerica park ? (other than your seats).
I can see where Claude and other Tiger fans wouldn't like Comerica Park since the baseball exeriences is a major step backwards. Personally, I somewhat like it...but the experience is no different than visiting a Camden Yards, Nationals Park, or many of the newer "food court" stadiums.

I can see where Claude and other Tiger fans wouldn't like Comerica Park since the baseball exeriences is a major step backwards. Personally, I somewhat like it...but the experience is no different than visiting a Camden Yards, Nationals Park, or many of the newer "food court" stadiums.

But when Canden Park came about, it was considered the BEST there was most scenic and overall great place to play ball.
It was the beginning of the "Lets show our CITY" in the background ball parks.

Last edited:
But when Camden Park came about, it was considered the BEST there was most scenic and overall great place to play ball.
It was the beginning of the "Lets show out CITY" in the background ball parks.
Yep, I will admit that I was really impressed when I attended a game at Camden Yards the first season it opened, and the aura of Memorial Stadium quickly faded. I guess that I still consider a Camden Yards to be a cut-above the other "Let's show our City" statiums since it was truly an original. However, I really enjoyed the handful of games I attended at Memorial Statium because Earl Weaver was still coaching during the mid-80s and the place was filled with history of their former championship teams (Jim Palmer, Frank Robinson, Brooks Robinson, Mike Cuellar) as well as their current players such as Cal Ripken Jr. and Eddie Murray.

Yep, I will admit that I was really impressed when I attended a game at Camden Yards the first season it opened, and the aura of Memorial Stadium quickly faded. I guess that I still consider a Camden Yards to be a cut-above the other "Let's show our City" statiums since it was truly an original. However, I really enjoyed the handful of games I attended at Memorial Statium because Earl Weaver was still coaching during the mid-80s and the place was filled with history of their former championship teams (Jim Palmer, Frank Robinson, Brooks Robinson, Mike Cuellar) as well as their current players such as Cal Ripken Jr. and Eddie Murray.

I remember both of those different teams !

It was the Ripken led teams that kept Alan Trammell from getting the pub he deserved thruout his career and kept him off the field for many All Star games that he should have been playing in.

Crosley Field
Riverfront Stadium/Cinergy Field
Great American BP
Old Busch Stadium
Wrigley Field
Astrodome
New Cominsky Park

I was at the last game in Crosley Field, the first and last games at Riverfront, and the first game at GABP!!!...:)

I voted 4-6, but after listing them I should have voted 7-9...:confused:
Ice, can you change my vote please???...

Ramy,
I am planning on going to GABP this Wednesday to see what our Reds can do against Strasburg (sp)...Care to go???:D

Last edited:
Crosley Field
Riverfront Stadium/Cinergy Field
Great American BP
Old Busch Stadium
Wrigley Field
Astrodome
New Cominsky Park

I voted 4-6, but after listing them I should have voted 7-9...:confused:
Ice, can you change my vote please???...

Ramy,
I am planning on going to GABP this Wednesday to see what our Reds can do against Strasburg (sp)...Care to go???:D

I would love to go, but I have to work.

Saturday/Sunday would be the only days I could go

I would love to go, but I have to work.

Saturday/Sunday would be the only days I could go

I hear ya!!!...The only reason I can go on Wednesday is I'm working 4 10+ hour days out at the Brickyard starting on Thursday!!!...:eek: I usually can't go to weekday games either except for the occasional "Businessman's Special"!!!...:(

I hear ya!!!...The only reason I can go on Wednesday is I'm working 4 10+ hour days out at the Brickyard starting on Thursday!!!...:eek: I usually can't go to weekday games either except for the occasional "Businessman's Special"!!!...:(

Pick a day next month and we will go. :D

Pick a day next month and we will go. :D

Actually, I'm going down with a bus load from my local pub to see them beat down the Cubs on Aug. 29...:D Should be a great time...breakfast at the bar in the morning...beer and raffels on the bus going down...Your choice of a Reds or Cubs hat...tickets to the game...more food and beer on the bus back!!!:D...

Hope they have some beer available!!!...:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)