vista problems with WB??

SHEEPareBAD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2007
mn
hey, im a tech and i install Wild blue. i have a problem here with a customers computer. it keeps on creating new networks and when in does that it breaks the connection with the internet. when i arrive here, in the network status and tasks, there were 2 network connections there (1 private and 1 public). so i disabled the LAN connection and then turned it back on. that managed to remove the 2nd connection and now im here on the internets. so... how can i stop this from happening??

p.s. im at thw customers computer right now so speedyness would be nice.

ive seen that happen 3 times with hughes as well and i havent been able to figure it out either. i can go into safe mode with networking obviously, and im fine. go back into normal mode and it creates the two networks which all of the sudden wont let me browse. hookup to my pc, which is vista as well and i can browse just fine, only 1 network created/found. ive sat down a few times looking at every single network setting, never coming up with anything.
all three pc's that i had this issue with were all brand spanking new dells by the way, coincidence, i dont know. two were desktops, one was a laptop on a docking station. the laptop i even took out of the docking station and tried it, same results.

tell the customer to contact whoever they bought the computer through, or microsoft. The system is working, their computer is not... not your problem.

tell the customer to contact whoever they bought the computer through, or microsoft. The system is working, their computer is not... not your problem.

i have, i will never let a cx pc issue slow me down. but if its something that i can learn from, or correct in the future, why not?

I have had various strange networking issues with Vista. I switch to XP and it works fine. I had a customer that upgraded to Vista that I had to tell to switch back to XP due to networking issues. I never had an issue with that customer since and that was last summer! He had various issues before.

With WildBlue, is it something that connects direct to the computer, or is it an ethernet connection where you could insert a NAT router in between the home network and the Internet connection? Or is it the worst of all possibilities, something that requires installing some kind of proprietary driver software on the victim's computer?

With WildBlue, is it something that connects direct to the computer, or is it an ethernet connection where you could insert a NAT router in between the home network and the Internet connection? Or is it the worst of all possibilities, something that requires installing some kind of proprietary driver software on the victim's computer?

you can connect a router in the line... it is just a regular modem, no proprietary software, driver, ect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts