Vizio passes Sony in sales and is number 1 in flat screen for 4th quarter

Not because of poor quality or cheapness but because of best bang for the buck. Cheap would have made brands like Insignia, Magnavox, Olevia or any other comparable priced product be top sellers. It is the viral spread of Vizio being a good product and have a great price. Often 800- 1100 dollars cheaper than a comparable specced name brand. If PQ was bad, none of this regardless of price would have happened

Not because of poor quality or cheapness but because of best bang for the buck. Cheap would have made brands like Insignia, Magnavox, Olevia or any other comparable priced product be top sellers. It is the viral spread of Vizio being a good product and have a great price. Often 800- 1100 dollars cheaper than a comparable specced name brand. If PQ was bad, none of this regardless of price would have happened
When comparing picture quality to a better quality set vizio loses every time. :eek: Your another one I would not want to shop where you shop. Shitio maybe $100 or 200 hundred less if your lucky. But obviously you get what you pay for.

When comparing picture quality to a better quality set vizio loses every time. :eek: Your another one I would not want to shop where you shop. Shitio maybe $100 or 200 hundred less if your lucky. But obviously you get what you pay for.
No kidding to the first statement. That is true for any TV.
So Vizio is a top seller because they are crappy TVs? What they are is the best of the low cost TVs. They sold as many as they did because people liked what the got and others followed suit.
Do you have any first hand experience or are you just a fanboy of another brand?
Since I am not brand loyal and I buy what is in my opinion the best at that price point, I feel that Vizio is a great product for a 2nd TV or 4th as in my case. I know at least 5 other people that bought them as 2nd(bedroom) TVs because they liked the picture they saw on mine. Some people even as primary TVs because of PQ and price point.
So if you could explain with out insulting and maybe using some facts explain your dislike for Vizio? Oh and I am another one?:rolleyes:

You want a couple of extremes? I own a Pioneer Kuro 6020 and a couple of 32" LCD Vizios. They both serve their intended purposes very well. I paid less than $500 for each of the Vizios and paid about $3700 for the Kuro last year. I use the Vizios for tailgating and also have one in my office and one in my bedroom. They are by no means high quality, but I don't struggle to watch them either. The Kuro is obviously going to beat them every time in a direct comparison, but I love all of those TVs.

"Your another one I would not want to shop where you shop? " What are you trying to say? Sounds like you are trying to insult Kevin, who is simply making anargument.

Keep the discussion civil - we are proud of the discourse we have in our HT forums. Lets discuss the merits of issues.

"Your another one I would not want to shop where you shop? " What are you trying to say? Sounds like you are trying to insult Kevin, who is simply making anargument.

Keep the discussion civil - we are proud of the discourse we have in our HT forums. Lets discuss the merits of issues.
I was talking about the price difference he said. He must shop in over priced stores.

I'll just say this with vizio make sure you buy the warranty you will need it.:eek:

I'll just say this with vizio make sure you buy the warranty you will need it.:eek:

Hmm, haven't experienced that at all. between the 3 I've bought (friend now has one), I've had zero issues. 2 are 2 years old, 1 is a little over 1 year old. Do you actually have any experience with a Vizio?

There are quite a few, what I would call "cheap" ones out there, some of which were mentioned above. I would not count Vizio among them. Great price point, no complaints. I spent the big bucks on my projector, but I am not complainging at all about the new 55 inch Vizio that I just got for the same room when the projector isn't being used. So I didn't spend a ton on it. As a matter of fact, I got it Super Bowl Weekend when Sam's Club had a $250 off on it. So for $1547, go ahead, call it cheap. I rather like it. Lets face it. The PQ in my opinion is way more about the source these days, I don't care what kind of set you have, my Blu-Rays look fantastic and some D* channels look great...and some of course look like crap. You tell me how great any multi thousand dollar Pioneer looks on some of those ESPN telecasts.

I will agree that the PQ of the source is a larger factor than anything else with most new TVs. However i reject the notion that PQ of the TV set itself isn't a major concern. Visio looks good for the money. But I do have to say that in my eyes, the Visio PQ is no where near the quality of same size sets with the same source. Granted, not one of the similar sets is cheaper in price. But to say that a product is "good" because it's the most popular is just so ridiculous!

Again, Visio is a decent TV set and a good buy. But Visio is not even close to being the "best" TV to combine price with quality. Visio is the price leader and has brand recognition. That is why it's number 1. No other reason.

From my electronics sales days I can tell you that customers look at price first and then rationalize why "the cheapest" is better than anything else. My favorite line from a customer when he realized the stereo he was considering because it was the cheapest didn't sound as good as a slightly more expensive one: "I don't care what it sounds like! Do it boom?!"

We can translate this to a flat screen: I don't care what it looks like, is it bright?

See ya
Tony

We can translate this to a flat screen: I don't care what it looks like, can is it bright?

See ya
Tony

Darned tootin.

The sets in stores are preset to "fry retinas", so how can the average consumer get a clue how it will look in his family room? How does he even know what to look for? No wonder cheap wins.

I've had a salesdroid kick me out of a high end video room for playing with the settings on a Pioneer Kuro plasma (rip).

I will agree that the PQ of the source is a larger factor than anything else with most new TVs. However i reject the notion that PQ of the TV set itself isn't a major concern. Visio looks good for the money. But I do have to say that in my eyes, the Visio PQ is no where near the quality of same size sets with the same source. Granted, not one of the similar sets is cheaper in price. But to say that a product is "good" because it's the most popular is just so ridiculous!
See ya
Tony
:up
I found this in another forum.
Vizio vs. Olevia LCD HDTV Shootout

The test is misleading. They did not compare similar TVS. Size difference for one. Obviously both TVs were calibrated to a number. They should have both been calibrated to so that both pictures looked as close as possible. Then make the judgments.

i own both and while i admit the pq on my sony is better on most days and i haven't regretted the under $500 i paid for my vizio last summer.

its a decent set and very reasonably priced. in fact, i wouldn't rule out owning another one some day. and i have to make due on a government fixed income.

during the time frame, i was renting i rented a few that were much worse than the vizio. i have and will continue to recommend them to my friends looking to buy something not overpriced.

Yes, the name of the game is the best bang for the buck. Everything is subjective, and different factors appeal to different people to differing degrees.

Now I'll horn in, asking for help, rather than starting a new thread, because it's somewhat related:

I need to get an LCD for my RV, approx 26". The mount cannot be replaced or altered, and does not swivel down. Yet we must view the TV from below. The TV that came with it, a 24" Insignia, looked fine straight on, but not from angles below dead on level. I gave it to my MiL, and mounted it on her bedroom wall on a swiveling arm that adjusts in every direction.

I've been looking for a replacement, one that can be viewed from below. I've found Sony and some Samsungs. Only got to see one Vizio (did not have good PQ from below), and it was too large anyway.

Any recommendations? I'd prefer to go lower price on this, and sacrifice some PQ, considering how often and where it will be used, and the possibility of theft. I don't think a plasma would work, due to weight.

(sorry navychop - I can't help)

"Quality is what the customer will buy." A phrase uttered once to me many years ago in what at the time seemed to be an out-of-context environment. But having spent most of my career in the corporate "quality" field, that simple statement has become more real to me every day. It says it all!

We all define quality differently. And for the most part, none of us has any right to try to define quality for anyone other than ourselves. Folks who frequent these forums are more likely to appreciate/buy the better features and "PQ/AQ" that more expensive equipment can provide. But still in all respects (other things like reliability, warranty, service presumed to be essentially equal) we have to admit that Vizio makes a "quality" product given the statement above. More "Bang for the Buck" as others have mentioned is another way to look as it but that's not as complete a statement as the one I have come to live by...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)