VOD users

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jtwex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
Embarrassed Bear
I finally added the ethernet connection to my new HR21 & realized it was just as simple as hooking up the cable to my router & clearing DTV for access through my firewall. I wasn't too impressed at the first days selection but was pleasantly surprised at how many of the VOD channels populated overnight. Seems like many of the top media outfits besides HBO :(. I put a governor on the port DTV uses as to limit the bandwidth VOD can use on my system; didn't want my internet to be slowed to dial-up levels so capped it at 1.5meg down. This would work even better if the que in the receiver could be set up to start it's downloads during sleeping time, say midnight to 7AM. I'm sure you people with fios or cable internet with speeds above 10meg are pleased but at 1.5meg downloads can take many hours & HD downloads 6 hours.

Anyway, with so many different offerings what have some of you found to be some of the most interesting offerings in this new service? What programs are you downloading the most? I noticed they added PPV ($$$) VOD purchases for newer movies not even available on the regular PPV channels yet; seems sad that they place a 24hour delete on these ($$$) downloads.

Took the tour & read a few opinions on this service but was wondering if some of your regulars have discovered a few treasures within all these offerings. I wish more was available in HD even with the slower download speed. The more & more I use the HR21 to it's full capacity the more reasons I come up with it's sluggishness from time to time. I can only hope that their is plenty of processor power in these & they only need to figure out the software code a little more. That's all it took to turn the H20 series from a dog into a beast.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directv spotbeams

DirecTV and cable internet access?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)