Volume One, Show Seven

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Welcome to special midweek edition of the satelliteguys.us podcast. In this edition, Sirius approves the XM merger, plus we discuss a little bit about HD Radio. Plus, Dish online releases a beta test and Charlie breaks his silence. All this and much more!

Attachments

• Podcast111307.mp3
    15.6 MB · Views: 1,263
Welcome to special midweek edition of the satelliteguys.us podcast. In this edition, Sirius approves the XM merger, plus we discuss a little bit about HD Radio. Plus, Dish online releases a beta test and Charlie breaks his silence. All this and much more!

I don't think the last one had it...or maybe I couldn't hear it since it was playing on the cell phone speakerphone. But this one has that high pitch ding ding-ding-ding ding-ding-ding on the tail end of the bumper.

Hey BoB i listen to the podcaasts everytime they come out and i realy noticed a major distortion on this pod cast ethier your mic is going bad or the gain is to high or you can try a wind screen in front of the mic maybe it is just what i am hereing but i dont know what you are using for equipment. Buy the way i love the shows and keep up the great work

Jiggifly I do have a windscreen/popfilter in front of the mic. Im trying to find what filter the professionals use in studio like in sirius/ or fm radio. The problem is my voice is high and is something that I will have to work through. Im well aware of the audio levels issue and am working that dilligently with every podcast.

When I use Audacity the levels can range from great to too high. When I use the apple and garageband the levels go from high/great to way low. I love garage band because of the filters are great and keeps the distortion from happening where as Audiacity does not have these filters.

I dont think that its the mic as the mic I have pickes up a mouses fart. Its actually too good. Im using the samsung C01U. If you have any ideas or anyone who knows professional audio levels please pm me. Its hard to get the audio on target everytime but once when its on its on!.

Im really intrested in what audio filters and settings they use in garageband/audiacity. Thanks for listening and trust me guys the two things that I worry about is audio levels and content for the podcast. I want to bring the best and give you the best.

Bob I hate to be a pain in the a@# but can you post the dialup version of show 6 and 7 all I see is the mp3 versions.

Thanks
Bob N1WBD

Bob your not being a pain in the ass. I have been having machine issues with the original machine that I have done the podcasts on. That machine has the real audio executable / file that does the shows in the ra format for you. Im working on a fix for that right now and it should be up for you by the end of the day tommorow. I will pm you with the link as soon as I produce them. Infact im about to post my experances over in the pub forum! Including why it takes an Apple to run vista with no issues.

This one was short and sweet. Short and to the point. The first few we're waaaay too long. Thanks Bob.

Oh yea, if you want a copy of Adobe Audition, let me know, it's a better program than Audacity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts