Volume One, Show Three

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Welcome to the Satelliteguys.us Podcast. In this episode we take a look back at the golden years of Satelllite TV. This is our first of many installments to come on the golden years of satellite. Also, Scott joins us in the podcasting studio to give us an update on all the latest and gratest news. Plus, all of your calls comments, and Much more! Including a chance for a Free Pub Membership here at Satelliteguys.us!

Dial up Friends Please click Here!

Attachments

• October23satguyspodcast.mp3
    11.6 MB · Views: 2,142
Last edited:
Great Show again, since i heard the first podcast i look forward to the next show this has been a great addition to the site keep up the good work.

Initial impression, Content great:D

IMHO, Loud drumbeat in background in beginning very annoying when trying to listen without high volume.

Thank you for the great work

Last edited:
Please get rid of that drummer background during the phone calls!! Very annoying!!

Welcome to the Satelliteguys.us Podcast. In this episode we take a look back at the golden years of Satelllite TV. This is our first of many installments to come on the golden years of satellite. Also, Scott joins us in the podcasting studio to give us an update on all the latest and gratest news. Plus, all of your calls comments, and Much more! Including a chance for a Free Pub Membership here at Satelliteguys.us!

Dial up Friends Please click Here!

Actually, I think it is the mix Bob is using. He may not have very good speakers but more likely his ears were damaged by all the 50 caliber machinegun fire in the past 2 years. So, give him a break. :)

play the file on your Windows Media player and turn on the G EQ and re-mix the audio to your liking. That is what I do here. Works great! Plus his voice does not have a great deal of power and is easily trumped by the sfx. A good trick here is to add a wave hammer or compression to the voice and not the sfx or music tracks.

Actually, I think it is the mix Bob is using. He may not have very good speakers but more likely his ears were damaged by all the 50 caliber machinegun fire in the past 2 years. So, give him a break. :)

play the file on your Windows Media player and turn on the G EQ and re-mix the audio to your liking. That is what I do here. Works great! Plus his voice does not have a great deal of power and is easily trumped by the sfx. A good trick here is to add a wave hammer or compression to the voice and not the sfx or music tracks.

I thought about that too... not sure how I can hear it with all those teenage years of 18's blasting in the trunk.

I use 1khz 10 db boost
500Hz flat
250 Hz down 50% and 120 and lower all the way down. That plays fine with my sub here but I do wish the bit rate was higher.

Audio is very tricky to do for broadcast. It's really about experience. Every A engineer has their own bag of tricks. For TV, I listen to my work on a 3x5 TV set speaker as well as a 5.1 sound system to be sure the sound works for both. I still get complaints.

I agree with the others on the background noise when people are talking. As a intro. it is fine, but it needs to go away as soon as someone is talking.

The content is great. I enjoy it and it is informative.

Good show but does it HAVE to have the interfering sounds like drums competing with presentation??? Hard to make out the discussion content, sort of distracting, not helpful.

Lose the background noise and the show is GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!!!!

behindthetime