Voom at Sears - UGH!!!

Amphicar770

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Dec 26, 2004
Today I was in the local Sears and noticed they did have a VOOM display.

While most of the TV's were tuned to E*, there was a single 14" LCD showing a commercial without a live feed or even a VOOM box. The signage and literature advertised how you could get the first room installed for somethig like $149 with I think $50 per additional room. Clearly clueless and out of date. These sort of displays probably do more harm then good. VOOM needs to get out of Sears ASAP.

1080iBeVuMin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 29, 2004
Santa Rosa, CA
Amphicar770, I know you are fairly new here. FYI, Sears was discussed, thread after thread. Everything I am sure you also discovered: clueless sales reps; neglected cardboard displays; outdated brochures; unhooked hardware. Sears was clearly a stupid move. :down

About a year ago a forum member posted that a Sears sales rep saw him standing at the Voom display and said "You don't want that." :no

TuxCoder

Collector of Space Beams
Supporting Founder
Jul 8, 2004
Dayton, OH
1080iBeVuMin said:
About a year ago a forum member posted that a Sears sales rep saw him standing at the Voom display and said "You don't want that." :no
The exact same thing happened to me last year at Sears, and that was the first time I had ever heard of Voom. So that makes at least two of us. :(

(my apologies for continuing an apparently redundant thread)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts