VOOM Dish/LNB compatible with D* or E*?

cartdan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
I don't see where to purchase a VOOM dish and LNB online (I've heard that VOOM won't allow self installs, so this might be the reason). I would still prefer to have everything in place and ready when/if the installer shows up - does anyone know if the standard VOOM dish and LNB is the same as either D* or E*? I have some of those laying around and could use one of those if they are compatible...

When I got Voom installed, all they did was turn the D* dish to face Rainbow 1, install the OTA antenna and fit the receivers. Same dish, LNB and cabling and everything works great.

Did get a call from one of my neighbors stating "I think the wind has turned your dish as it's facing the wrong direction!".

SO would the 3 LMB DirecTV dish also be compatible with Voom? I have one of those at the peek of my house, and my Voom dish is on a pole in my yard (I wasn't home during the installation).

If I get my local channels worked out I'd like to drop DirecTV and would rather use the dish on top of my house is why I ask..

dish direction pointing question...

My dish (currently a Dish Network 500 which I want to keep for a while to use my DVR) is positioned on my roof so that it has a clear view of the south. However, a part of the house blocks the east side of the roof. Is there any reason for my new VOOM dish to face any direction other then towards the south??
(my location is Phoenix, AZ and I have no idea where "61.5" is...)

Also, I have an extra Dish 500 (size approx. 21" x 22") in the garage that I was thinking I'd ask the installer to use instead of VOOM's 18" dish. So, I'm glad to have read here that its been done successfully before.

bobaphx said:
dish direction pointing question...

My dish (currently a Dish Network 500 which I want to keep for a while to use my DVR) is positioned on my roof so that it has a clear view of the south. However, a part of the house blocks the east side of the roof. Is there any reason for my new VOOM dish to face any direction other then towards the south??
(my location is Phoenix, AZ and I have no idea where "61.5" is...)

Also, I have an extra Dish 500 (size approx. 21" x 22") in the garage that I was thinking I'd ask the installer to use instead of VOOM's 18" dish. So, I'm glad to have read here that its been done successfully before.

voom is ruffly a quarter turn left

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)