VOOM dish size

rgaines

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
Houston
When I got my VOOM installed they put up a 24" dish. I that the standard size? If so why is it so much bigger that my old 18" Directv dish?

no the standard size is 18" Some place they are installing the 24" cause of lot of rain fade maybe that why they went ahead and install it for you cause they may have had trouble with other customer in you area and knew that what would work for you better.

The 18" was the standard when I had my install in May 2004. They are coming tomorrow to upgrade me to a 24" due to rain fade in South Florida. From what I remember, the large dishes rolled out after the summer and were by request only. I have been trying to get one for three months and it has been painful since they are never in stock.

Are you on the west coast or perhaps in a high rainfall area?

I was told by my installer - Direct Link - that the larger dish was now their standard for all VoOm installs in the Houston area. This is being done because of rade fade. I had mine installed on 1/12/05.

I live near Chicago and even the slightest snow shut down the 18" dish.. Now that I have the 24" dish it takes huge rain/snow clouds to block the signal..

Interestingly enough this is the same size dish I had before when I had D.N. So looks like 24" is the way to go..

skakusha said:
The 18" was the standard when I had my install in May 2004. They are coming tomorrow to upgrade me to a 24" due to rain fade in South Florida. From what I remember, the large dishes rolled out after the summer and were by request only. I have been trying to get one for three months and it has been painful since they are never in stock.

Are you on the west coast or perhaps in a high rainfall area?

I'm in the Houston area. Good luck on your upgrade.

Thanks! The 24" dish was finally installed. It was quick and painless. :) I was told that the 24" is now the standard in Florida due to rain fade issues. And just in case your wondering, I heard "It is business as usual at Voom." SO I did not get any inside Voom sccops.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)