Voom Install - A bust. Thanks Voom.

ChetK said:
Why don't you reschedule for a weekday and stay at work. Ever heard of a consumer "no-show"? Me either. I just made it up.
I use to be an installer some years ago and let me tell you.. "customer no-shows" did and still do happen. It's very frustrating to drive an hour or longer and the customer's not there, or leaves a note, "hey, sorry, it's so nice out today, went to play golf, come back tomorrow".

It's inexcusable, when we as customers, don't receive a call of any delay, especially the day of the scheduled installation or service and when a customer doesn't call the service company as well, to postpone. Just not right on both sides of the street.
This happens in all service industries that come to you and some that you go to. So, lets not just pick on VOOM and their contracted installers.
Lets face it.. we all are both customers and providers in some capacity and being understanding with all should not be that difficult.
Any way that's my two-cents...

slacker9876 said:
I did this to comcast and when I arrived home there was an STB on my doorstep and my cable was working. That was like 3 years ago, but man ... installers can be a PITA. There should be 2 hour install windows also. My installer for Voom (now cancelled) cost me a day of PTO also and took like 4.5 hours to do a 90-minute install. I could have easily accomplished in 90 minutes what took him so long.
Sometimes I just don't get you slacker..
I'm not calling you out for a fight, but come-on.. your expectation of what you thought your installation should have taken may be realistic in some cases, but I'm sure these installers are NOT paid by the hour, so to accuse the installer of being a (PITA) "slacker" (excuse the pun) is just not fair.

You said you were a DishNetwork installer at one time. Did every install always go the same? Were you able to meet a 2 hour window all day long? I know the answers and so do you, so please stop trying to display unrealistic expectations here on these posts.
I'll bet your installer spent most of that time trying very hard to make your installation really great and I'll bet most of that time was on the OTA and trying to meet your expectations. I recall your previous posts to your OTA requirements, of which I recall you posted he improved over your previous OTA. So back-off the 4.5 hours of your valuable time that was wasted, he was there for you! You should not have taken the day off if you couldn't afford to lose the extra 1.5 hours he was there for your install.
:mad: The worse part, after all the hard work he probably put in, you cancelled VOOM service!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts