Voom/OTA/Cable possible?

dailo

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2004
I currently have Comcasts HD and then just got voom, according to the installer I cannot have all 3 at the same time, I was wondering if there is any other possible way without running the OTA directly to the Voom box? thnx.

dailo said:
I currently have Comcasts HD and then just got voom, according to the installer I cannot have all 3 at the same time, I was wondering if there is any other possible way without running the OTA directly to the Voom box? thnx.
Before I cancelled my cable I had all three: cable, VOOM and OTA. I am not sure I understand your question. What is the problem exactly? You don't want to run an extra coax cable to your TV room? If that's what you are talking about, then your installer is correct: you can only combine OTA and satellite into one coax cable using diplexers. If you want to keep the cable, the installer cannot use your existing wiring and will have to pull brand-new coax line (or two) to your TV set. And that's included in a typical install.

Oh thanks answered my question exactly, yeah I don't want to have to drill a hole and put a new wire into the house. Guess I'll have to decide how I want to keep it.

anyone have instructions on how to mount the antenna? I think i'm just going to switch back and for the time being.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)