VOOM OTA Mapping Problems? (Channels listed are not as expected)

jtruong said:
Hey everyone! This is my first post on forums there.

I'm in the Detroit area and the only OTA channel that doesn't come in is the WB. It's not listed in the PG or on zap2it. I know that the channel does broadcast in digital because I was able to pick it up with an OTA STB.

Sean, I emailed you my info. Let me know if you need me to send it to you again. Thanks!

John

I have put the request in already.

tom branella said:
I've had Voom since the beginning of march, I have local channels showing in the program guide but no program information for any of those channels.

I checked the zap2it site and the channels listed there are the same channels that I have.

I just need to see programming info in the program guide for my locals! :confused:

Tom, I just got confirmation that this was fixed. Please check your PG and let me know.

Mr. Old School,

You sent me the following:

At this time, my locals are coming out of Roanoke/Lynchburg VA, but I
need them to come out of Greensboro/Winston Salem, NC. I am 80 miles
from Roanoke and only 36 from Greensboro.

I just got confirmation that it was done. By tomorrow when the PG download you should have your new mapping.

Sean,

I just had Voom installed last week, and like many others my OTA mapping is incorrect. I live in Houston, TX and my zip is 77006. I am missing the following channels.

KUHDT 8.1
KHOUDT 11.1
KTRKDT 13.1 & 13.2
KTXKDT 20.1
KRIVDT 26.1
KHWBDT 39.1

I have been able to pick up these signals when using my old Directv HD receiver (Mitsibushi / Hughes model), but not my Voom receiver. I have checked antennaweb.org and they have confirmed that all of these transmitters are less than 15 miles from my address.

Thanks for your help in advance.

traylorc said:
Sean,

I just had Voom installed last week, and like many others my OTA mapping is incorrect. I live in Houston, TX and my zip is 77006. I am missing the following channels.

KUHDT 8.1
KHOUDT 11.1
KTRKDT 13.1 & 13.2
KTXKDT 20.1
KRIVDT 26.1
KHWBDT 39.1

I have been able to pick up these signals when using my old Directv HD receiver (Mitsibushi / Hughes model), but not my Voom receiver. I have checked antennaweb.org and they have confirmed that all of these transmitters are less than 15 miles from my address.

Thanks for your help in advance.

send me an email to Sean_Mota@satelliteguys.us with your full address and the above problem. Thanks.

Sean,

I have sent an e-mail as you requested. Thanks again for your assistance.

Mr. Mota,

I e-mailed you my information, too. I'm also from the Detroit area and having issues with WB. Can you let the powers-that-be know?

The WB showed up for me too this morning. Thanks Sean!

I first read TheTimm's post and then checked my receiver and at first I didn't think I got the channel mapped. This would have really pissed me off because TheTimm and I both live in the same city.

Anyway, using the channel up and down buttons didn't go to channel 20 (the WB). I had to go to the PG first where channel 20 showed up, properly labeled the WB, but with no actual PG (probably still downloading). After going to the PG I could then go to channel 20 using the channel up and down buttons.

John

brayn27,

I just got confirmation that your DMA was changed yesterday. Please reboot or plug/unplug your stb so that the mapping correct mapping uploads. Please let me know if you see it. Thanks.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You :bow

Sorry about all the complaining, it was the only way I knew how to vent my frustration

I rebooted yesterday and it didn't show up :(

Well, I rebooted, didn't change. I unpluged, didn't change. Pulled card, didn't change. Did a Factory Reset, it didn't change. Still is OTA Channel map 0150. No Change :(

It's been 12 days and voom won't return my calls

I called upon installation. That was on Tuesday June 22. I was told a tech would call me back. I called again on the 30th, and they first tried to force a tech to come out, and then once again promised a tech. I need to have my OTA remapped from Pittsburgh to Youngstown. I have let them know both times that I had checked this board and identitified the problem. I am hoping that you can please help me. Thank you.

Hey all, I just recently starting Vooming and am thus far quite happy. I've been a lurker on these boards for a while now too, but I figured it's about time I register since I could use a little help.

I'm not sure if my problem fits in here, but here goes. When VOOM was first installed I was able to receive my local Fox (WBFF) and WB (WNUV) affiliates for a short while after install. About 10 minutes later, those two locals cut off and I haven't been able to get them since. I suppose they may have been mis-mapped at the time and I was getting other stations on those channels as I didn't have time to check. All I know is that at this point, I can't get either.

All my stations come from one direction, Baltimore, and they're all within 18 miles of me. I can get all the other locals, just not FOX and WB. I have the upgraded winegard antenna installed, and when I check the system settings for the RF of Fox/WBFF-DT (as is stated on the local affiliate's website), my signal strength is in the lower 90s, and for WB/WNUV-DT its in the low 80s. Both channels appear in the program guide, but as I said, no signal from either. When I called VOOM they told me the channels were mostly likely mapped incorrectly and there was nothing I could do until manual mapping was availble. Reading through this and other threads, I'm inclined to think otherwse. I'm leary on doing the factory reset, and it appears it may not even help, but I'll try it if anyone thinks it will work. Otherwise, if it's just a matter of waiting, I can do that. However, if there's some way to get these channels now, obviously I'd rather take that route. Thanks in advance for any help!

shifteru,
Welcome to the forum!
First of all, make sure to check www.antennaweb.org and see which digital channels are available in your area. Note, that not all stations are broadcasting 24 hours in digital. I doubt the Factory Reset will help, especially since you were already getting the stations at some point...

jahosive said:
I called upon installation. That was on Tuesday June 22. I was told a tech would call me back. I called again on the 30th, and they first tried to force a tech to come out, and then once again promised a tech. I need to have my OTA remapped from Pittsburgh to Youngstown. I have let them know both times that I had checked this board and identitified the problem. I am hoping that you can please help me. Thank you.

I did not see your post until today. If you want to change your DMA please send me your full address with this information to Sean_Mota@satelliteguys.us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)