VOOM Service Policy Sucks!

K4LK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
I received a download the day before Thanksgiving (Nov 23). The box crashes and locks-up shortly after the VOOM starting-up screen. I called VOOM on Thanksgiving morning. They were able to schedule a service call with the original installer on Friday. It was actually scheduled for Friday, Dec. 3. The installer came out from Orlando to St. Pete to verify the problem but had no equipment to repair whatever had failed!! He had to go back to his office to submit a work order for a receiver swap. I'm still waiting and have NO VOOM. A Tampa installer is supposed to be at my house on Wednesday afternoon to to the swap. That's 3 weeks without VOOM and it is my primary supplier. I had to reactivate D* temporarily. I was tempted to dump VOOM several times. They need to rework their procedure. The technician needs to have equipment to swap on the first service call. Thanks for letting me vent!

Dana

voom will give you a credit for the time your service was down. I received a credit from Voom because one of my receiver went bad.

jimmykce1 said:
voom will give you a credit for the time your service was down. I received a credit from Voom because one of my receiver went bad.
Of course they will but all in all i would just rather VOOM actually work. my signal is gone again now for the second time. i had voom installed on the 26th of november , lost signal on the 29th came out on the 10th of dec and bam im at a 54 on the signal meter as of yesterday the 13th, so all in all i agree they will credit you but what good is a service if you have a crappy signal, bad installers (not all) and terrible equipment. i read all of the posts here and too many bad posts about voom, I wish i was a happy voomer but 6 days of voom out of 19 is not acceptable (total will be 22 by the time of the service call) and luckily i didnt cancel directv because less hd is still better than no signal with Voom. BUT AGAIN IF VOOM WORKED I WOULD BE WATCHING SHOWS IN HD JUST BECAUSE THEY WERE IN HD, crappy sd is just that crappy sd, i can get that anywhere at least i have a pic with Directv

I hope you guys get your service problems straightened out. It is frustrating to have to deal with the problems because you KNOW that the service and equipment can work well if it's installed correctly. My own setup has worked without problems since January 2004, and there are many others who have not had to face the type of problems that are mentioned in the thread. So I hope that all of you get somebody that knows what they are doing when they get there for the service call.

it dosn't seem that voom rely wants to get beter at fixing problems that are caled in and hen have to wait for a weak to come i hope that this get beter before i get my instal and that voom work beter

I've had very few problems between my original install in March 04 until Thanksgiving. The installer swapped me out today. When I left to return to work, it began a forced download, I assume to 7.26. I'm back in business. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)