Voom should give all subscribers a gift!

barryb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
I am a VaVaVoomer so I get all channels except Playboy. I think Voom should open all channels to all subs as a way of saying thank you to all their loyal subscribers. Just a thought.
Barry

They should also give subscribers who purchased their boxes their money back.

jnardone said:

Why should Voom give subs who purchased their boxes their money back?

Buying any new product/service has some risk.
Voom has not sold boxes in quite awhile. Now if the box was bought in the last 60 I could understand, but that is not the case.

People who bought Voom boxes took a gamble that a company targeting a niche market with a non-conus slot would make it. They lost that gamble.

Yes it is a sad a provider is closing up, but it is part of life.

Making money in the Sat Tv business is hard.

DTV has not even turned a profit. The only DBS provider to turn a profit is Echostar.

There is something to think about.

Personally I do not want there equipment I want whoever installed it to come take it down I have enough worthless no use junk at my house as it is do not need to add voom equipment into it.,

RVD420 said:
Why should Voom give subs who purchased their boxes their money back?

Because they are warranted to work for a certain period and that period has not expired. With no service the box won't work. There is a precedent for this type of thing - some other TV box I think - where the company had to give people their money back when the company closed prematurely. A truly informed customer would have known of known of this case and would have expected their VOOM box to work for at least the warranted period or they would get their money back.

You're kidding, of course. For a minute...

jnardone said:
Because they are warranted to work for a certain period and that period has not expired. With no service the box won't work. There is a precedent for this type of thing - some other TV box I think - where the company had to give people their money back when the company closed prematurely. A truly informed customer would have known of known of this case and would have expected their VOOM box to work for at least the warranted period or they would get their money back.

you had me going!

Still enjoying HDTV for the moment under mostly clear Seattle skies, Gill

how'd you track my mac ??

vurbano said:
They are giving us a gift. No more Lurker, Dragon, Bruce, Chet, Pradike, etc.

better idea; don't tell them, and they'll keep posting anyhow just to see their name in print; harrassing each other..

the OTA idea seems worthwhile until somebody picks up the subs. with a new service.. Save them the cost of install & de-install STBs that cost to store as they become more and more obsolete.

SeattleVoomer1 said:
you had me going!

I am serious - when I made the decision to stick with purchase rather than switch to lease I figured on the cost of the box divided by the 24 month service warranty. Anyone who would allow themselves to be denied what they paid for and what was promised in writing would be foolish.

Walter L. said:
LMAO. I would add DobyMax, fredfa, Red Allien, foxeng, jacmyoung, mangopony

You can add me Walter, hahaha. I will be laughing over at the DirecTv forum. Come visit sometimes. The water is warm, the equipment works, and Rupert is not going broke. :D

RVD420 said:
Voom has not sold boxes in quite awhile. Now if the box was bought in the last 60 I could understand, but that is not the case.

People who bought Voom boxes took a gamble that a company targeting a niche market with a non-conus slot would make it. They lost that gamble.

Wrong, VOOM was still selling boxes a week ago. The addon boxes were $299 for people who bought the receivers.

They bought equipment that is no longer valid. Just look at the Videoguide/Radio shack case. They took the boxes back and refunded ALL the money for purchase because their failure to continue subscription caused the box to be a doorstop.

jnardone said:
I thought they were going belly-up because of lack of money. But, if they could find some loose change laying around. I'd be glad to let them have my STB back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)