VOOM STB Version 7.26 (2.30): Features/Bugs/Requests

jnardone said:
Hi:
Any idea when the weak OTA = bad satellite picture bug will be fixed. I can not believe that this bug got into the new software without being noticed and I can not believe that every customer is not outraged by this thing.

I came home last night to my wife and son watching Spongebob with the picture breaking up every 10 seconds. I said "you guys are silly - this is easy to fix" First, click the antenna rotor remote and see what direction the antenna is pointed. If it is pointed to NY they click to channel 2 and back to Spongebob. If it is pointed to Philly then click to channel 6, make sure they are broadcasting at full strength, and click back to spongebob. If they are not broadcasting at full strength then rotate the antenna towards NYC, click "2", click "help" then "info" then "ok" then wait for the card number to come up, click "down" - wait - not to fast or it will lock up - then "down" again and look at the OTA signal strength then rotate the antenna a little until the strength is steady and above 90 - Oh No - you click "down" too fast - now get up and go over to the VOOM box and hold in the power button until the TV goes blank - now wait for the box to reboot - now click "help", "info", "OK" wait for card number, "down" NOW WAIT LONGER THIS TIME, "down" etc...... Now back to Spongebob - Oh too bad its over.

Joseph

See here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=25153

I have updated the first page of this thread to show the list of fixed and outstanding issues as of version 6.20.

Well, so far I am NOT happy with the new update. OK, after last nights update to 6.20. I have lost channel 2.1(34). Before the update it was receiving channel 2.1 & 2.2 just fine.

I've checked the signal strength and it is/was at 91. Scanning OTA channels does not pick it up though. 10 minutes later the signals not there at all. Then I went through the process of tunning 34 in again 5 minutes later. It's back at 91 signal strength again. I press the green button to ok it & hit watch. I now have 2.1 on my bedroom reciever but not 2.2 which is the same channel. I have no idea what RF channel that one is. So I try the same thing in the living room which is the most inportant one & it will NOT work. Same signal stength, 91. The rec. will NOT show it. I gone through this a number of times with no change.
FYI= I did try moving the antenna around with no change at all except loosing other OTA stations.

LOL, I don't know what the 2 gentlemen are talking about that are having bad OTA reception due to the new update? I am actually having Excellent reception! Signal strength is a solid 99 on all 4 of my OTA channels. Before the update it was always bouncing around between 70-85.

Couch Patato said:
Well, so far I am NOT happy with the new update. OK, after last nights update to 6.20. I have lost channel 2.1(34). Before the update it was receiving channel 2.1 & 2.2 just fine.

I've checked the signal strength and it is/was at 91.

Join the club. I still can't tune 45-2 or 54-1, even though I have a strong signal (about 96).

Major problem with the new 6.xx software!

Also, I am still having the problem where a poor OTA channel causes the satellite channel to pixelate. :(

-John

jgantert said:
I am still having the problem where a poor OTA channel causes the satellite channel to pixelate. :(
Please check your software version (HELP+INFO). Is it 620, or is it still 610?

Ilya said:
Please check your software version (HELP+INFO). Is it 620, or is it still 610?

620. Anyone with a rotor can test it out. Just tune OTA, tune sat, turn rotor, watch pixelation...

So, am I the only one still having this problem with 620?

-John

6.20 BUG: just to add to what has already been mentioned....accidentally tuned a low-power station station (1.172 kW - 52 miles), but the STB locked up.

Feature Request: While watching a channel, I would like to press the Page+/Page- button and be take directly to the All Channels area of the PG.

david_hensley@hotmail.com said:
I am also having the pixelization problem. I have sw 620. It is much less frequent, once every 3 or 4 min. instead of every 30 or 40 seconds.

Exactly. Much less frequent, but still there.

-John

I'm seeing the low power OTA bug too with version 6.20. But I'm only having it on channel 262. Also I have lost 2 OTA channels with the new version of software. I am sick and tired of Voom's new software updates screwing things up. :mad:

Frequent STB lock-up with weak local channels

:( Yeah, I have same problem with STB lock-up when tuning to weak local channel stations with software ver. 6.20. STB reboots itself whenever I channel surfing through the weak local channel stations but it doesn't always reboot, probably due to signal varies up and down sometimes. Hope this bug will be gone by next software upgrade.

V 6.20 bug: I can't get my OTA PBS via autoscan. It has a strength of 97% and I can tune it in just fine on the point antenna screen. Using lacking PSIP info is a lame excuse for not being able to tune in a channel. If it's there, it should be available, PERIOD.

settable OTA scan lock threshhold.

There are a lot of messages in this thread so I don't know if this one has been covered, but I'd like the ability to lower the threshold for scanned OTA channels . The current 85 threshold (for rain fade according to the screen) is to high. On clear days, my tv internal digital reciver can get channels locked in on as low as a 40 signal strength ( and this is probably from a much lower signal strength that has been boosted by the antenna's power).

So a way to adjust the threshold would be great, and then a way to delete and rescan and add channels, instead of just hiding channels, would be great too.

Transparent Surf Bar

I loaded 6.20 a week or so back and have never seen the transparent surf
bar, mine is still black. Does it have to be toggled on somewhere?

TIA

zmwp01 said:
I loaded 6.20 a week or so back and have never seen the transparent surf bar, mine is still black. Does it have to be toggled on somewhere?
No, it was there by mistake in version 6.10. Hopefully they will make this a configurable option some day.

My installer came out and changed my stb stating that the old box with old software was my rainfaid problem.
Within an hour my stb lost its audio. Now it is back but I am not receiving 5:1 digital any longer.
They are going to replace my stb. It sent a hell of a hit to my amp and caused the overload to cut in for several minutes.
Has this happened to anyone?
Was it just the output on the stb went bad?

My standard 36" on certain OTA channels has bars on the side and top when I have the format for Wide to Normal set on "Letterbox". WHich I leave it on to watch the HD channel movies letterboxed. I don't know why this affects local OTA digital channels when they are broadcasting 4:3 anyway.

It's probably only on HD OTA channels that broadcast those bars as part of the picture. The only way around this is to switch the resolution to 480i or use s-video/composite outputs and let the TV set do zooming/stretching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)