VOOM sub numbers?

It's not just the $10/month increase, it's the $25/month in equipment costs and their non-interest (so it seems) in improving picture quality. If the PQ looked like channel 700 on ALL channels I would gladly pay another $10, I just don't feel like I am getting my money's worth presently.

it sound like andrzej and calikarin think they are only one that is hd expert and have money. not either one of them kno what they talk about. sad peoples. :no

Glad to say, I have a Sony XBR Trinitron and I have looked very closely at some very nice HD 1080i images coming out of my Voom STB. No crawling, no mosquitos, no pixelation, no noise - truly an excellent picture. I've even detected a flaw or two in 'The Tron'. Being a long time DirecTV sub, even the SD channels on Voom blow DTV's doors off.

I put up an outside antenna before I ever heard of Voom, and the local HD images are great, even with less than ideal local analog signals. An HD STB converter would have cost me at least $200 for the cheapest thing going. With Voom, the OTA receiver (which is a good one) is included with the deal.

Am I happy with Voom? You bet I am. If it lasts a month or a decade, I'm enjoying some great HD! We now have 6 satellite receivers for a 2 person household! Of course, we also have more TV's / monitors, computers, TiVos, DVD/HDD recorders, DOGS, etc. than people. Ah, God is very good indeed.

Happy Holidaze to all...

Picture Quality on voom is great

The picture quality on voom Ultra, Rave and even Equator is so great, that i watch many of the Eye over Italy, France etc , three or four times . I have never watched anything twice in my life before. I do my accounting for my store and have Equator HD on it the background in 5.1 dolby, it is the best fun you can have with your pants on.

Voom's picture quality is stunning on my Mitsubish Diamond 65 inche RPTV. I think the best picture quality is on Rave and Ultra, and i wish that voom would transfer the bandwidth to Equator , cause it the best showcase channel for voom. Equator is still stunning, with the minor mosquito noise ,

Last Friday me and 8 of my friends were going to a club, we were so enamored watching voom, Equator and Starz HD, that we ended up going to the club two hours late. We ended up paying $20 instead of gettiing in free, but none of my friends complained, they were so mesmorized with the HD experience on voom . That is the power of voom's picture quality.

Voom's picture quality is stunning on my Mitsubish Diamond 65 inche RPTV. I think the best picture quality is on Rave and Ultra, and i wish that voom would transfer the bandwidth to Equator , cause it the best showcase channel for voom. Equator is still stunning, with the minor mosquito noise
Minor? You are kidding, right? Have you watched a Smart Travels lately? If not, take a look at the exterior of any old building that has fine detail and the skeeters will buzz to life, it's sickening. :mad: I'm glad you don't see it, but Equator is a horrible viewing experience for me. The best channels I've seen are Rave and Monsters. Ocassionally I see decent PQ on a Cinema channel, but they can all stand some improvement.

Wow, I feel the same about OAR as you do about the picture, and the response is about the same, no big deal. :mad: :( :mad:

I agree with you Bruce, and speaking of OAR, where the heck is it?

Last night my rommate brought home a copy of Terminal and I popped it in the DVD and set my pj for Full (for anamorphic/enhanced, etc) and when the movie started, it was stretched sideways, so I switched to Normal and sure enough, he had brought home a Full Screen version. I almost didn't play it just out of spite, but I used Zoom to fill the screen. I just can't educate this guy on the merits of OAR, I wish I never would have showed him how to use Zoom on his setup in the Family Room since he always zooms in now to get rid of the "black bars", YECK!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts