VOOM Subscribers By Region

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
The United States is divided into five regions: Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, Southwest, and the West. The regions of the United States are grouped by history, traditions, economy, climate, and geography.

I'm just curious to see what region has the largest percentage of VOOM subscribers. (please, current VOOM subscribers only!)

Northeast (CT,ME,MA,NH,RI,VT,DE,MD,NJ,NY,PA) - 57.5M
Southeast (AL,AR,FL,GA,KY,LA,MS,NC,SC,TN,VA,WV) - 55.5M
Midwest (IL,IN,IA,KS,MI,MN,MO,NE,ND,OH,SD,WI) - 61.1M
Southwest (AZ,NM,OK,TX) - 21.4M
West - (CO,ID,MT,NV,UT,WY,AK,CA,HA,OR,WA) - 54.4M

DarrellP said:
I think you should have broken out West into 2 Regions: West and NorthWest.

...or those with water and those who buy the water from those with water...Thanks Oregon for keeping all of our California babes hydrated...

DarrellP said:
I think you should have broken out West into 2 Regions: West and NorthWest.
Divide it at San Francisco, not at the Oregon border. We northern Californians don't want to be grouped in with the glitzy Hollywood surfer types.

(I am originally a Los Angeles native, so I can say stuff like this!)

1080iBeVuMin said:
We northern Californians don't want to be grouped in with the glitzy Hollywood surfer types.QUOTE]

Hey, neither do us down here in San Diego but that doesn't mean I want to be part of Mexico...

1080iBeVuMin said:
Divide it at San Francisco, not at the Oregon border. We northern Californians don't want to be grouped in with the glitzy Hollywood surfer types.

Its funny, I live in WAY northern California, hours from Santa Rosa. I meet people visiting from other countries, Sweden for example, and what they think of California and what they actually SEE here are two completely different things. They expect "Baywatch" but get "Deliverence" (not quite but I thought that was funny). California is huge and varies widely as far as environment and people.

--Dan

1080iBeVuMin said:
(I am originally a Los Angeles native, so I can say stuff like this!)
Me too, that's why I don't live there anymore. ;) But I do miss the beach. :D

dankgus said:
Its funny, I live in WAY northern California, hours from Santa Rosa. I meet people visiting from other countries, Sweden for example, and what they think of California and what they actually SEE here are two completely different things. They expect "Baywatch" but get "Deliverence" (not quite but I thought that was funny). California is huge and varies widely as far as environment and people.

--Dan
Yep! You must be up around the "Republic of Jefferson"? Is that what they call it?

People from "back east" (that means east of Las Vegas) think of California and think palm trees and the Hollywood sign. Hey easterners, the palm trees stop less than half way up the state!

(Sorry for the OT.)

1080iBeVuMin said:
Yep! You must be up around the "Republic of Jefferson"? Is that what they call it?

People from "back east" (that means east of Las Vegas) think of California and think palm trees and the Hollywood sign. Hey easterners, the palm trees stop less than half way up the state!

(Sorry for the OT.)

Jefferson State. Nobody really seems to take that seriously though. However we do have a Jefferson State Brewery and restaurant even more north of my current residence, great fish and chips and OK beer. Here is an interesting fact, did you know that Las Vegas is actually further west than Los Angeles? Its true! You shouldnt need to apologize, I don't think this discussion is off topic much, its about Voomers locations!

--Dan

dankgus said:
...Here is an interesting fact, did you know that Las Vegas is actually further west than Los Angeles? Its true! You shouldnt need to apologize, I don't think this discussion is off topic much, its about Voomers locations!

--Dan
Los Angeles, CA
34.05N 118.24W

Las Vegas, NV
36.17N 115.14W

wasch_24 said:
Los Angeles, CA
34.05N 118.24W

Las Vegas, NV
36.17N 115.14W
Yeah, I was suspicious about that one. But Lake Tahoe is west of Los Angeles, right? That is a surprise for most Californians, but I think it is true.

1080iBeVuMin said:
Yeah, I was suspicious about that one. But Lake Tahoe is west of Los Angeles, right? That is a surprise for most Californians, but I think it is true.
Tahoe State Recreation Area
latitude: 39.17536 N
longitude: 120.13636 W

Los Angeles
latitude: 34.05N
longitude: 118.24W

I would have liked to have added a few more regions (Mid-Atlantic in my case), but these five regions (with the exception of Southwest) are evenly populated which makes it easy to do the two-dums. I was expecting to see fewer from the West Coast and Southwest, more from the Northeast and a lot more from the Southeast due to the Brandsmart promo. We shall see...

wasch_24 said:
Los Angeles, CA
34.05N 118.24W

Las Vegas, NV
36.17N 115.14W

I wonder if those specs are for the middle of each city. If so, I wonder if the most western edge of the cities would make Las Vegas more west than Los Angeles? I emailed a geography expert to see what he thought. I know I have heard the claim many times while growing up, so I think its true, but it could be wrong.

--Dan

edit: I just found out the Reno is more west than LA. Maybe thats what I heard so many times growing up. You'd think I would have remembered it right!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts