Voom to disable OTA tuner in STB?

mindstein said:
What was really said here?

"Now, Mindstein, let's consider who it was that dreamed it all. This is a serious question, my dear, and you should not go on licking your paw like that--as if Dinah hadn't washed you this morning!
You see, Mindstein, it must have been either me or the Red King. He was part of my dream, of course--but then I was part of his dream, too! Was it the Red King, Mindstein? You were his wife, my dear, so you ought to know--oh, Mindstein, do help to settle it! I'm sure your paw can wait!" But the provoking Mindstein only began on on the other paw, and pretended it hadn't heard the question.
Which do you think it was?

Indy said:
There are 4 groups or camps when it comes to returning the STB's.
1)Those who purchased them and will keep them
2)Those who leased them and realize the STB's are CV or Voom property and will be returned no matter what.
3)The group as Vurbano is a member who figure Voom can follow their own rules and have a third party do the collecting to keep with the hands off by the customer policy to the end
4)And the last group of STB leasees who feel Voom owes them something as if they have been damaged or hurt by Voom . They want to keep the boxes as compensation.

I am firmly in group 2 and have NO respect for group 4.

Group 2 here......I still have the original boxes as the installer left them when he was cleaning up. All Voom has to do is send me a prepaid airbill and they are gone.

I will miss them....sniff.

Indy said:
2)Those who leased them and realize the STB's are CV or Voom property and will be returned no matter what.

Why should YOU bear ANY costs to return the Billionaire C. Dolans' box to him?:confused:
Absolutely NOT!

vurbano said:
Why should YOU bear ANY costs to return the Billionaire C. Dolans' box to him?:confused:
Absolutely NOT!

Because it is the right thing to do? I remember I leased a car a couple of cars back. I don't recall telling the dealership THEY had to come to my house and pick the car up after the lease, if they wanted it back. Where is your common sense? Or is your statement from the engineer frame of mind? Cut and dried I am right and the rest of the world is wrong. OK got your point of view. :smug

Indy said:
Because it is the right thing to do? I remember I leased a car a couple of cars back. I don't recall telling the dealership THEY had to come to my house and pick the car up after the lease, if they wanted it back. Where is your common sense? Or is your statement from the engineer frame of mind? Cut and dried I am right and the rest of the world is wrong. OK got your point of view. :smug

Your lease, with your signature on it required you to return the car to the dealership. Vooms lease, that doesnt have my signature on it says nothing about me bearing the costs on returning equipment due to their inability to provide me service. If it does point it out to me. Tell me are you also going to insure the boxes for them as well?:rolleyes:

Can you add a group that believes Voom should pick their equipment up--box and dish--and repair the holes they leave though the customer's external wall, as they decided to close the business?

I am aghast that Voom think I should go to my own time and trouble to return their box, but leave a useless hunk of metal on my walls expecting me to pay to have it removed at some point. I see no reason whatsoever that I should have to pay an installer to come to my house to remove the dish and wires that Voom installed, because they only want part of the system back.

true but 2 things first you get to keep the car for the duration of the lease however many years it is .second when u return aleased car you can still use it for trade in cause it does have value . if voom sends a kill signal there not even worth the materals there made of

vurbano said:
You must not be a member of that group. Because you clearly didnt understand my post ptech.

I got news for you buddy, not to many people do.

vurbano said:
My point was that there are people in this world that have all the credit they need already and have purchased their homes and etc. Some even now pay cash for their major purchases.

It does not matter how much money you have, Your credit score is used for other things than just loans and your insurance rate is one of them.

vurbano said:
Frankly it does scare me. I am in no way advocated stealing Vooms' boxes. Personaaly I dont want them.

Yeah right, that's why your going to make it so hard for them to get them back. LMAO

vurbano said:
This does however bring up another issue. A prudent thing to do is for every Voom subscriber to write Voom a letter giving them 60 days to retrieve their equipment or else consider it abandoned property.

You see, he does want them. He is already thinking about other ways to keep them. Bet that letter has already been sent.

Bottom line here is that Vurbano believes that the world owes him something and he should get it all for FREE.

mindstein said:
What was really said here?

I'm not even going to touch this one but AMP, LMAO and Indy, I'm with you buddy.

Ronald_Jeremy said:
If they want it back, I will send it back.

If it couldn't be considered a biohazard and me possibly being arrested for it, I would take a dump in the box before I sealed it!! :D
Careful they will ruin your credit according to ptech. LMAO

As a member of both forums, and even though it's late in the game, it would be nice if the "us vs. them" attitude (on both forums) could just fade away. Sometimes the information on one forum conflicts with info on the other, and can be *really* confusing until straightened out, but if someone of moderator or higher status on either forum posts an informational/FYI item, there is probably a good reason to do so, as the mods just can't make stuff up (or they wouldn't be mods very long).

As for the kill-signal issue for current cancellations and if it will affect people at the end of the month who don't proactively cancel, there is obviously a discrepancy in info between the two sites, but I have no reason to to disbelieve anything posted yet by either an AVS or SatGuys mod- even if it doesn't match up, they themselves have to go on the information they have at that time. So I'll just check both places, and wait and see what shakes out and becomes the definitive answer.

I think that vurbano has to points here that we are failing to understand:

1) Voom did not give us the credit that we deserve to install these systems our selves so why should we go through the trouble of having to disconnect these systems and return them to whoever wants them. If they have to come out to install these systems then they need to come out to get them.

2) We did not have to pay for these boxes because they are leased. It is voom's policy to come and collect these boxes if we cancel our accounts, but since voom is no more who is going to come collect? We'll if cablevision wants us to pay to send them back well I say stick it up your @ss cause I'm not going to pay to do so. They should have the decentesy to either come collect or send a pre-paid postage box that we can easily put the receiver in and then hand to either the ups or usps man when he makes his rounds.

ptech said:
Yeah right, that's why your going to make it so hard for them to get them back. LMAO

You see, he does want them. He is already thinking about other ways to keep them. Bet that letter has already been sent.

Bottom line here is that Vurbano believes that the world owes him something and he should get it all for FREE.

Voom picking up the equipment or sending prepaid boxes is not making it hard for them. I will not spend a dime returning their property. Their boxes can rot in my attic.

danielle_s said:
I think that vurbano has to points here that we are failing to understand:

1) Voom did not give us the credit that we deserve to install these systems our selves so why should we go through the trouble of having to disconnect these systems and return them to whoever wants them. If they have to come out to install these systems then they need to come out to get them.

2) We did not have to pay for these boxes because they are leased. It is voom's policy to come and collect these boxes if we cancel our accounts, but since voom is no more who is going to come collect? We'll if cablevision wants us to pay to send them back well I say stick it up your @ss cause I'm not going to pay to do so. They should have the decentesy to either come collect or send a pre-paid postage box that we can easily put the receiver in and then hand to either the ups or usps man when he makes his rounds.

Amen

edited

danielle_s said:
They should have the decentesy to either come collect or send a pre-paid postage box that we can easily put the receiver in and then hand to either the ups or usps man when he makes his rounds.
I go even further: the dish on my wall is now useless, so I expect Voom to remove it along with their box. It is just not good enough to ask me to return the box--even in a prepaid box--but leave me having to pay an installer to come out to remove the dish and repair the holes through my walls. I have no problem giving Voom their equipment back, as I only leased it, but I want them to take it all back, not just the convenient piece. Alternatively, I'm prepared to keep it all for a souvenir and pay for the de-install myself.

Actually it is Cablevision property.........

The smartcard inside states that it is Cablevision property and that if it is found to be lost to return it to Cablevision with postage page, etc., etc. So, the card is theirs, but I don't see anywhere on the receiver that says the same. However, without their card, the receiver is useless.

Oh and one more thing

On the bottom of the receiver it states that any kind of reverse engineering done to this product can result in civil liabilities as well as imprisonment. So, to the dude who was going to try to hack his receivers.......Beware!!!!

vurbano said:
Your lease, with your signature on it required you to return the car to the dealership. Vooms lease, that doesnt have my signature on it says nothing about me bearing the costs on returning equipment due to their inability to provide me service. If it does point it out to me. Tell me are you also going to insure the boxes for them as well?:rolleyes:

What is the ol' saying? An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure? Sure I would insure them...,if I am accepting the responsibility for their safe transit. Why get holding the bag when they are lost or run over by a fork lift? Only an idiot would be spouting after that occurrence "If only I had..." :no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)