Vote NOW - Member of the Month - October 2014

Who do you think should be named Member of the Month for October?

• ChadT41

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • FTA4PA

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • royrdsjr

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Tampa8

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Titanium

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thousands of members,but how many are truly active?You,me and what,maybe 75 or 100 others on an everyday basis.As JS said,"the hardcore".:biggrin
I would love to see a count of how many one and done members there are.

The contests need to be run longer. This is the first time I saw the Oct. one and it's already closed for voting. Today's only the fourth of Oct, so it looks like it ran only Wednesday till Friday. Three days? Sometimes I don't even log on in three days or only log in quick when I have a spare moment, I'm sure others are the same and would vote if they even SAW the thread!

Congrats, Tampa8!

Reactions: Annie61 and Tampa8
The contests need to be run longer.
The previous month's voting lasted almost 3x longer and had pretty much the same number of votes.

Just look below - (87) people looked at the thread and less than half ended up voting.

The previous month's voting lasted almost 3x longer and had pretty much the same number of votes.

Just look below - (87) people looked at the thread and less than half ended up voting.

That's not accurate in the context of how you mean it to be. My name is in that list and I couldn't vote because I didn't see the thread until after voting was closed. I'm sure some other people also looked at the thread after it was closed for voting too. The actual number of people who looked at the thread while it was still open for voting is probably a lot less than 87, just because they didn't see it.

I voted in the first member of the month, but I think it was right on the front page all the time and highly visible. The last few I didn't even notice until they were closed for voting and there was a lot of posts from people giving congrats to the winner. Very often I go through 'new posts' but don't remember seeing the member of the month within them.

3X longer? So that would be nine days? That's still not very long. It is member of the month, not member of the week. :)

IMO, I'd think it should be run from the 1st of the month, within the month that it is for, until sometime in the last week of said month.

Last edited:
Valid point(s) about the number of people who "saw" the thread. I doubt that a whole bunch of people looked after it closed though. When I posted that, 2.5x people saw it vs voted. Presume some were too late... Still probably close to 2x could have voted.

The other points are just facts (length of time polls open, etc), not opinion. Scott posted that he was planning to drop it because of the lack of participation , so he sees it too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)