VOTE NOW - SATELLITEGUYS BEST OF 2011

Who should win the SatelliteGuys Best of 2011 Award?

• The DIRECTV HR-34 Home Media Server

Votes: 53 16.5%
  • The DIRECTV iPad App

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • The New DIRECTV HD Guide System

Votes: 25 7.8%
  • The DISH Network Internet Response Team (DIRT)

Votes: 208 64.6%
  • HBO/CINEMAX GO Apps

Votes: 30 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dewzan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 13, 2006
Iowa
it's nice to be able to hit up DIRT almost anytime , with it's success i don't understand why Directtv doesn't do this also.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Short on tuners?

Gimme a break. Its one thing to have a good argument, but that one's pretty bad Hemi. Being angry or not liking Directv is one thing, but dont pass of that sludge post as other than anger.

1) HDGui - Groundbreaking? No. Overdue and looks good? Yes
2) Since the HR24, Directv has really been putting out some top notch DVR's.
3) HR34 - Until this, the Vip722k with OTA tuner was my top choice as a dvr. 722k was a $199 upgrade, and still needed another $40 spent for the tuner to get OTA channels. But, if you did not have OTA, you are still stuck with 2 tuners. HR34 gives you 5 all the time, whether it be 5 sat or 3 sat and 2 OTA, pretty damn cool.

IMO, Directv's only fail to Dish is the ehd implementation, Dish rules here. I see you are a cable sub now, enjoy it, but dont act like something you used to have is all of a sudden a poor service. Posts like that make you look bad.

And I will tell you the HR34 is far from a "POC".

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
Scott I would agree, But 5 tuners to serve 4 or 5 rooms is sad,

And Elway
OTA 99% of the population doesn't give a crap about. And your telling me 4 rooms of HD DVR works just as good with 5 tuners to spread around then 8. Yea not sold!

This is not a new thing having whole home systems, been done for years by Cisco, and Motorola. Just because D* thinks they invented something doesn't make it a break through product.

And don't bring up my so called Anger toward D*. It doesn't take anger to disprove the hype between D* new clucky receiver, that when breaks your whole system in the house is down. Great, make sure you "PAY" for your protection plan. You'll need it!

Last edited:

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
Ah, statistics without data. Always helps an argument...
Yea thats what I thought!

Lets hear why D* HR34 should win an award on satellite guys, what has this provided to the site, what has D* done for this site period.

Exactly! Dish wins .atleast they will show their face on satellite guys instead of using secret front men.

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
I come in from time to time, But I couldn't pass this one up.

I still want to hear why anyone one on this site would give D* and award, DBS talk sure , But here???

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
Again , I'm not here to fight about D* HR's thats old news, I just want a good solid answer at why D* deserves an Award. Its clear in the posts most members don't think so.

Again Wow and app??? LMAO!!!
HD Guide, wow can't say it makes a damn difference to many, can't say it was ever poor on the PQ scale to begin with.
And again OLD news real whole home HD DVR thats 2 years late to the party.
Lets hear the real prices on that upgrade, not the sugar coated 24 month promotional rates.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here is what the Award looks like...

Attachments

• P1000578.JPG
    P1000578.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 161
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts