VUDU Brings UHD to the ROKU 4 and Vizio R

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Introducing a premium digital movie experience that offers the best and latest video and audio technologies. With lifelike detail, unparalleled color fidelity and immersive audio, VUDU UHD is home entertainment as it was meant to be—a cinematic experience.

http://www.watchvudu.com/uhd/

Hopefully support for more devices will come soon. My Roku should be arriving any day.

S~

If I would have ordered from Amazon and not ROKU, it might have been here today. No idea about ROKU shipping. Has to be better than the Fire I sent back after 2 days.

S~

They didn't. They are available now. Surprising since they are banning sales of chrome and apple.

They sent me three shipping notifications within an hour. All with the same tracking number.

Nope. I'll start looking for either a new projector or large TV next March/April when the new stuff starts coming out. E-shift is not appealing to me. I might look at Sonys or hopefully someone else will come out with a true 4K projector. Too bad Panasonic and Mitsubishi are out of the projector business. :(

Hopefully the Roku will be here Friday.

S~

The 75" 940C did very well at the 2015 shootout, if a 75" isnt too small ;)

I think samsung screwed the pooch with only making their large sets curved. Who knows what a 70+" Oled will come in as...

Really looking 80 to 85. I'd take the 78JS9500 if it wasn't curved. If VIZIO was wise (back on topic), they would come out with an 80"-85" R series. Dumb to have nothing between the 65" and 120".

Anyways... Finally got a VUDU account. Put all of my UVs on and converted a bunch of my favorites for $1 a piece. Too bad not all studios participate in that one (Disney get a clue, I already bought the disc). Quality is really nice in HDX. I'm going to box up a bunch that I've already seen (Harry Potter, etc.) and keep the 3D discs. Ran out of a room a long time ago.

S~

I was always impressed with Vudu HDX when I had their original box (downloads) and the PS3 (downloads). I was not happy when Vudu moved from downloads. Once again, my HSI kills me here for streaming speed and optical is my only solution. I will say whatever compression scheme Netflix is using, I get their 1080p when I stream and the PQ is very very good on the 65".

I give all my UV's to my dad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)